Gotify Notifications

fredflix

fredflix

Gotify Notifications Plugin
Gotify notifications for your Emby server.
Current version: 2.0.0.0
Last updated: 2024-02-02
Certified working on Emby Server 4.8.1.0

## Links
Plugin: Download
Source: View

## Fresh Installation

For Emby Server 4.8.0.0 and above:

• Download the latest v2 of the DLL file on the release page of this repo
  • Put it in the "plugins" folder of your Emby Server and restart Emby Server
  • The plugin should now show up in your Emby Server management page under Advanced > Plugins
  • Configure the plugin by heading to the new Notification section under User settings
  • Click the "+ Add Notification" button and choose "Gotify"
  • The rest is self-explanatory

For Emby Server versions older than 4.8.0.0:

• Download the v1.0.0.0 of the DLL file on the release page of this repo
  • Put it in the "plugins" folder of your Emby Server and restart Emby Server
  • The plugin should now show up in your Emby Server management page under Advanced > Plugins
  • Select the plugin and it will take you to its configuration page

## Upgrading
If you are upgrading Emby Server to 4.8+ from 4.7 or below, after the upgrade:

• Head to the plugin section in your Emby Server management page
  • Uninstall your current Gotify plugin by right-clicking it and choosing "Uninstall"
  • Stop your Emby Server
  • Go to your Emby server plugin folder and double-check "MediaBrowser.Plugins.GotifyNotifications.dll" is not present, if yes, delete it
  • Inside the plugin folder, go to its "configurations" sub-folder and delete "MediaBrowser.Plugins.GotifyNotifications.xml"
  • Follow instructions under "Fresh Installation" above for Emby Server 4.8.0.0 and above

## Future Updates
I'm going to be honest here: I have no idea how to code in C# specifically. So this plugin totally relies on the development of the Pushover plugin (see credits below).
In the event of an Emby Server update breaking the plugin, I will do my best to try and fix it and will release an update on the Github repo.

## Credits
This is a shameful slight mod of the Pushover plugin for Emby Server written by LukePulverenti [Luke] so all thanks to him and the Emby Server team. I take no credits for this.

And of course big thanks to Gotify as well.

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
ich777

@Luke will this be added to the plugins catalogue in the future?

Forget it, plugin doesn't work, anyways will Gotify be added to Emby?

EDIT: Plugin is working @Luke will this be added to the plugins catalogue?

Edited by ich777

fredflix
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Forget it, plugin doesn't work

Thanks for your constructive input.
Forget it, plugin works.

ich777
2 hours ago, fredflix said:

Thanks for your constructive input.

In no offense to you but I found several threads for Gotify and none of them seem to work. I tried a few different things and now I also got it to work.

Why isn't this plugin then in the plugins catalogue?

Edited by ich777

fredflix
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

In no offense to you but I found several threads for Gotify and none of them seem to work. I tried a few different things and now I also got it to work.

Why isn't this plugin then in the plugins catalogue?

I made this plugin exactly for this reason. The existing ones were unmaintained and didn't work anymore.
As for why it's not in the catalog, it's because it's not popular enough and there is a certain need of assurance the plugin will remain maintained, which very few developers can commit to as most do this in their free time for free. Because guess who the users will turn to if a plugin in the catalog doesn't work for lack of maintenance? The Emby team and not the actual plugin developer.

Consider the plugins in the catalog as "Official" while the ones here on the forums as "Unofficial".

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hello mate,

Thank you very much for this amazing plugin.

Let me tell you something to improbe it, maybe you add in future revision.

I have a dockericed gotify cointainer that is not running at port 80, it is running at port 8080. I know that I can do some extra configuration adding an apache server with a proxy redirection to the port but, would be great if you can add this modification in order to add something like http://wepage:8080

Thank you very much.

Regards

• 8 months later...
fredflix
On 9/18/2021 at 3:30 AM, xhenon said:

Hello mate,

Thank you very much for this amazing plugin.

Let me tell you something to improbe it, maybe you add in future revision.

I have a dockericed gotify cointainer that is not running at port 80, it is running at port 8080. I know that I can do some extra configuration adding an apache server with a proxy redirection to the port but, would be great if you can add this modification in order to add something like http://wepage:8080

Thank you very much.

Regards

Sorry I haven't visited this thread in a while since the plugin is pretty stable.
But to reply to your question:
if your Gotify server is available at "http://wepage:8080" then simply input it in the Gotify url field of the plugin.
So instead of inputting https://gotify.yourserver.com, you just enter http://wepage:8080 and it should work.
It's a URL field so it will accept any kind of url. You could even use http://192.168.1.200:8080 as an example if you want to use an IP address instead of a fqdn.

Just do no put any slash at the end of the url.

Edited by fredflix

• 7 months later...
unmovable

hey @fredflix, any chance to get this updated for Emby 4.8 (BETA)?

Looks like sending notifications actually works, as test notification is sent properly, but plugin can't be configured under notification services.

fredflix
1 hour ago, unmovable said:

hey @fredflix, any chance to get this updated for Emby 4.8 (BETA)?

Looks like sending notifications actually works, as test notification is sent properly, but plugin can't be configured under notification services.

I'm not going to bother to update for the beta because there's quite some significant code change that would make the plugin not work on the current stable version.
While I could make a separate version just for the beta, I don't really have time to keep maintaining it against whatever breaking changes the beta could introduce.
For example, the official Pushover plugin (which is what this plugin is based on) has been updated lately for 4.8 beta, but is already broken on the latest beta update (aka can't get to its setting page).
I will definitely update this plugin once the stable release is out though.

Edited by fredflix
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer
8 hours ago, fredflix said:

I'm not going to bother to update for the beta because there's quite some significant code change that would make the plugin not work on the current stable version.

Exactly and i would stick with that.

8 hours ago, fredflix said:

While I could make a separate version just for the beta, I don't really have time to keep maintaining it against whatever breaking changes the beta could introduce.
For example, the official Pushover plugin (which is what this plugin is based on) has been updated lately for 4.8 beta, but is already broken on the latest beta update (aka can't get to its setting page).
I will definitely update this plugin once the stable release is out though.

Agree, update the nugets when they are released for the next stable 4.8 release and release the compatibility update.

Thanks for sharing

• 1 year later...
ryderjj89

Just recently started using Gotify myself and also, 4.8 stable started rolling out today. Would like to see an update that brings this more current, and possibly even in the catalog.

• Thanks 1

fredflix
4 minutes ago, ryderjj89 said:

Just recently started using Gotify myself and also, 4.8 stable started rolling out today. Would like to see an update that brings this more current, and possibly even in the catalog.

Didn't know 4.8 just came out.
I'll get on it, but don't really expect this plugin to ever be in the catalog unless the Emby team decides to release their own. Mine's not really my own in a way but you know what I mean =P

• Like 1

ryderjj89

I have just been looking for something that I could setup to notify people that want to know when new content is available. I have gotify setup so if I could get people using it, then that would be pretty easy.

Honestly, I wish the Emby Android/iOS apps had a built-in notification service that could be controlled in the user's profile to opt-in/out and choose which notifications to get. It's kinda wild that it doesn't already.

It would have to be rewritten for the 4.8 notification system, but the good news is that you can use the same example plugins as you did before and the end result should be less code now.

fredflix
3 minutes ago, ryderjj89 said:

Honestly, I wish the Emby Android/iOS apps had a built-in notification service that could be controlled in the user's profile to opt-in/out and choose which notifications to get. It's kinda wild that it doesn't already.

Yes you're right. A built-in solution would be nice.
The closest thing to this is that feature that lets admins send a message to devices that are currently playing something. Not exactly the same functionality of course.

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

It would have to be rewritten for the 4.8 notification system, but the good news is that you can use the same example plugins as you did before and the end result should be less code now.

Yes, I'll take your Pushover plugin as the base like always, thanks man :)

• Thanks 1

fredflix

@LukeLooks like the Pushover plugin is missing something: can't access its configuration page (getting the "This plugin has no settings to configure." popup).
So impossible to setup the token and user key.

Emby server 4.8.0.80
Pushover plugin 3.1.6.0

Edited by fredflix

1 hour ago, fredflix said:

@LukeLooks like the Pushover plugin is missing something: can't access its configuration page (getting the "This plugin has no settings to configure." popup).
So impossible to setup the token and user key.

Emby server 4.8.0.80
Pushover plugin 3.1.6.0

Go to the notifications section under user settings.

• Thanks 1

fredflix
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Go to the notifications section under user settings.

Wow, didn't know about the new location for notifications.
I'll definitely update the readme.
Thanks a lot for your help, the updated Gotify plugin works great. Gonna post the update :)