Jump to content

FireStick app not loading


Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Recommended Posts

ajlangnow

I have been using Emby for a couple of years now, and over the last couple of days my FireTv apps will sit with a spinning circle when opened.  They only way to get the apps to work is to go into the FireTV settings and clear the app data.  Once cleared, the app connects almost instantly and works fine until the next day or a couple hours after use. 

I have a Samsung TV with the app, and the issue does not show on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Solution

Hi.  Please ensure the IP address shown on your Emby server dashboard is correct.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
temp201003

This started happening to me too over the last week. Suggested fix sorted it. It was ONLY affecting my firestick, every other client connected fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
5 hours ago, temp201003 said:

This started happening to me too over the last week. Suggested fix sorted it. It was ONLY affecting my firestick, every other client connected fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ebr
38 minutes ago, temp201003 said:

Actually the problem has come back. It worked once

What did you do before to fix it?

Is the IP address on your server dashboard correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I have this same problem on a new Firetv Cube 2nd generation. All server info was input manually and is correct with correct Login and Password. at firs the app just sat there afterward and finally the screen went Black after letting it sit it went to a screen save and back to home screen with emby installed. I launched emby now it just sits there loading. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ebr
9 hours ago, Tlo said:

I have this same problem on a new Firetv Cube 2nd generation. All server info was input manually and is correct with correct Login and Password. at firs the app just sat there afterward and finally the screen went Black after letting it sit it went to a screen save and back to home screen with emby installed. I launched emby now it just sits there loading. 

 

Hi.  What is the name of your Fire TV device?  Does it contain any "special" characters?

Link to post
Share on other sites
ebr

And you are positive that the exact text of the address shown on the server dashboard is correct?  It works if you type exactly that into a browser?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Helenahf

I have not been able to get into my emby app on my firestick.  When I try to log in with emby connect it does not recognize my username  and password which I know is correct when I enter it. When I try to login with the server address it does not accept it.  I have been without emby for 4 days and the person I deal with does not even respond to my emails.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ebr
18 minutes ago, Helenahf said:

the person I deal with does not even respond to my emails.

Hi.  You are using someone else's server?

Link to post
Share on other sites
ebr
22 minutes ago, Helenahf said:

I am using he server that was provided to me, yes.

 

You mean you are connecting to a server someone gave you access to?  If so, you will probably need to talk to that person to troubleshoot what may be going on with your user.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Helenahf

I understand but that person has not responded to my email and I would like to get back on to my emby as I paid for the service and I am not getting the service.  What can I do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars
6 hours ago, Helenahf said:

I understand but that person has not responded to my email and I would like to get back on to my emby as I paid for the service and I am not getting the service.  What can I do?

Emby is software only for setting up your own personal, not commercial streaming service for family.  You can't really come here asking for help to get connected to an ILLEGALLY run service using Emby software.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...