Error access emby server with HAProxy with new Installation (The hostname could not be parsed)

kegham

Hello!

So, I'm having trouble to access my emby server via HAProxy on a fresh new installation, using the ip:port  I can access normally.

Here are the error logs:

2020-09-26 17:42:40.390 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 192.200.10.1. Time: 1ms. null. ConnectionId: 0HM32BIK90DKR
2020-09-26 17:42:41.442 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.5.0.50
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm
        Operating system: Linux version 4.18.0-193.19.1.el8_2.x86_64 (mockbuild@kbuilder.bsys.centos.org) (gcc version 8.3.1 20191121 (Red Hat 8.3.1-5) (GCC)) #1 SMP Mon Sep 14
        Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 3
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.UriFormatException: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
           at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
           at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
           at MediaBrowser.Model.Services.MyHttpUtility.RemoveQueryParamsFromUrl(ReadOnlySpan`1 url, String[] keys)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: System.Private.Uri
        TargetSite: Void CreateThis(System.String, Boolean, System.UriKind)

This installation is on a virtual machine. I have the previous installation with Centos 7 backed up and it works just fine. But since I needed to make some adjustments I'm reinstalling on Centos 8.

Any ideas?

HI, is it possible that you've configured the proxy in such a way that some of the request is being lost before it gets to emby server?

I don't think so, the backed up VM works normally and in haproxy I get "Layer 7 wrong status: Internal Server error"

One thing I notice is that when I installed the server the post script got didn't created the folder /var/lib/emby so I had to manually create, I executed as root. 

The reason I'm asking is because it's saying the request url is empty. I can definitely fix the error in the log but that doesn't mean it will solve your problem. In fact I don't it will.

Thanks for confirming. Do you know exactly what that does? Ideally I'd like to be able to workaround it so that you don't have to do that.

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for confirming. Do you know exactly what that does? Ideally I'd like to be able to workaround it so that you don't have to do that.

Sorry, I don't exactly know the differences between them. I'll check it out.

55 minutes ago, Luke said:

What url did you configure for the health check to use?

You mean the "Http check method"?

Usually I use GET or OPTIONS. For emby it was GET.

Hello @Luke

I had another problem today when I was playing some files that needed transcoding on the emby plug-in for Kodi.

So for testing I restored the last virtual machine and tested, no problem. But I did't changed the HAProxy configuration.

So as the backup was on a older version of emby (4.4.30) I tried to downgrade my new installation and the problem disappeared. 

I'll attach the log if you wanna see what's happening.

Here is the lines that logged the crash:

2020-09-27 20:35:46.390 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.0.50
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm
	Operating system: Linux version 4.18.0-193.19.1.el8_2.x86_64 (mockbuild@kbuilder.bsys.centos.org) (gcc version 8.3.1 20191121 (Red Hat 8.3.1-5) (GCC)) #1 SMP Mon Sep 14
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 3
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.FormatException: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
	   at ServiceStack.Text.SignedInteger`1.ParseInt64(ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in C:\BuildAgent\work\912418dcce86a188\src\ServiceStack.Text\DefaultMemory.cs:line 896
	   at ServiceStack.Text.SignedInteger`1.ParseObject(ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in C:\BuildAgent\work\912418dcce86a188\src\ServiceStack.Text\DefaultMemory.cs:line 801
	   at ServiceStack.Text.SignedInteger`1.ParseNullableObject(ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in C:\BuildAgent\work\912418dcce86a188\src\ServiceStack.Text\DefaultMemory.cs:line 788
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.JsReader`1.<>c__DisplayClass4_0`1.<GetCoreParseStringSpanFn>b__3(ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in C:\BuildAgent\work\912418dcce86a188\src\ServiceStack.Text\Common\JsReader.cs:line 70
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Jsv.JsvReader.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<GetParseFn>b__0(String v) in C:\BuildAgent\work\912418dcce86a188\src\ServiceStack.Text\Jsv\JsvReader.Generic.cs:line 18
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.StringMapTypeDeserializer.PopulateFromMap(Object instance, IDictionary`2 keyValuePairs)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.RestPath.CreateRequest(String pathInfo, Dictionary`2 queryStringAndFormData, Object fromInstance)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.CreateRequest(IRequest httpReq, RestPath restPath, Dictionary`2 requestParams, Object requestDto)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.CreateRequest(HttpListenerHost host, IRequest httpReq, RestPath restPath)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: ServiceStack.Text
	TargetSite: Int64 ParseInt64(System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char])

Thanks!

embyserver.txt