Some TV Episodes not showing

Timko67

Some TV episodes are not showing up on personal server. I have a TV show Stargate SG1 For example Season 1 there are 22 episodes and only 19 show up on Roku TV.

Each episode will play on all installed media players on Windows 10 PC. All videos are in .mp4 format. H.265. They are named like Stargate SG1 - Season 1 Episode 1, Stargate SG1 - Season 1 Episode 2, etc.

i dont know why some video files are not showing up in the episode when all file are in .mp4 format. H.265.  I had this same issue with other media servers and some files dont show.  No matter what season of Stargate SG1 I watch  episodes 11 and 21 are missing in all of the 10 Seasons. This is something wrong with the server its not my files at fault.

logs.7z

Edited by Timko67

How did you add this to your library?

a) Stargate SG1/
          Season 1/
                Stargate SG1 - Season 1 Episode 1.mp4
               ...etc etc...

b) Stargate SG1/
          ...etc etc...

Did you use the season folders...or...are the episodes just lumped under the series name? In other words (a) or (b)?

Edited by speechles

4 hours ago, Luke said:

How are the series and season folders named?

The way I decibed it in my first post. I just love it when people don't read.

Happy2Play
23 hours ago, Timko67 said:

No matter what season of Stargate SG1 I watch  episodes 11 and 21 are missing in all of the 10 Seasons.

Almost sound like multi-versioning.  Can you go over specific Show/Season/episode naming and structure.  Similar to what speechles did in second post, but screenshots of each level would be better. 

17 hours ago, speechles said:

Did you use the season folders...or...are the episodes just lumped under the series name? In other words (a) or (b)?

I did (a)

I just redid all the  episodes again This time in each Season folder I name them like this  Episode 01, Episode 02, Episode 03.

Still didn't work emby started renaming the show to someother shows.

Edited by Timko67

Happy2Play
On 9/25/2020 at 8:19 AM, speechles said:

Stargate SG1/
          Season 1/

On 9/26/2020 at 1:17 AM, Timko67 said:

This time in each Season folder I name them like this  Episode 01, Episode 02, Episode 03.

@Luke these are not valid episode naming schemes correct?

This does look like a file naming issue to me.

@Timko67 I would suggest you take a close look at our suggest TV naming from our knowledge base.
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming

There are tools like Filebot (https://www.filebot.net/) that can make quick work of file naming.

Happy2Play

With this naming scheme I am guessing unplanned multi-versioning is happening.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Yes I would agree. @Timko67 please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

This is going to take some time as I am redownloading the tv show again and I have to rename each episode one by one. 

I'm partial to FileBot and can do hundreds of episodes at a time with it.  Lots of good choices for bulk renaming and folder organization.
Try a couple different programs mentioned and see if one is easier or fits your needs better.

But a good file naming utility will make this a simple process.