gerry.emm

nVidia Shield

gerry.emm

...hey guys...I have a question about the nVidia shield...I currently run Emby on a PC, porting out to 4 separate 4k Rokus in my house and it works fine...I have my living room Roku hooked up to both my Samsung 4k Tv as well as my Viewsonic DLP projector, using a 4 input / 2 output matrix...it all works fine, except for the fact that the 4k Roku does NOT support 3D movie output to my projector...so, I had to add a generic Android box, running Emby for Android to my system to achieve that...would the Shield be able to replace the Roku AND the Android box?...does the Shield run Android apps?...would you install Emby for Android on this unit in order to use it this way?...is there any ACTUAL advantage to replacing the Roku and the Android box with the Shield???...thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!!!

cayars

The Shield TV is probably the very best box IMHO to run Emby on as it's fully "Android TV" and again IMHO has the best Emby app available.

Emby/Shield TV fully support 3D (any version including half and full).

With that said you may be able to use a MiBox-S as well instead of the Shield TV and it's 1/3 the price and runs the same Android TV Emby app.

BillOatman

Another one to look at is the Tivo stream.  Same price point as the mibox, but it is a much faster device.
I replaced my mibox with the tivo stream.

Neither of those can touch the shield though, which I use on my main TV.  If money is not a big concern, definitely go shield.

Edited by BillOatman