nVidia Shield

gerry.emm

On 7/17/2021 at 10:50 AM, gerry.emm said:

Thanks CBers...will have to try my hand at sideloading the other app to see if it makes a difference...

In the meantime, just so you know, I *HAVE* purchased the lifetime license for EMBY Premiere, and am hoping this will also help in solving this problem...

Going to have to try again, now that my server is upgraded to EMBY Premiere to see if it helps...

Stay tuned!!!

Gerry

Please let us know how you get on. Thanks !

rbjtech

2021-06-26 13:17:55.567 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.0.14:8096/emby/Items/828280/PlaybackInfo?format=json. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 9; SHIELD Android TV Build/PPR1.180610.011)
2021-06-26 13:17:55.575 Info App: User policy for both_of_us. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2021-06-26 13:17:55.576 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 192.168.0.37. Time: 9ms. http://192.168.0.14:8096/emby/Items/828280/PlaybackInfo?format=json
2021-06-26 13:17:55.927 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.0.14:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 9; SHIELD Android TV Build/PPR1.180610.011)
2021-06-26 13:17:55.968 Info SessionManager: Playback start reported by app AndroidTv 2.0.09g playing Fear and Clothing. Started at 0 ms

According to your log - you are already running the correct Android TV client.

I can't help but notice that 99% of your logs are filled with errors from emby (mainly on subtitle issues) - so while I don't think this is related - it would certainly be a good thing to also fix that - even if it just makes the logs easier to read ! 

The other type of log that may be required is FROM the Shield App itself - if this can be sent direct after starting 3D playback that should prove useful - please indicate the date and username so it can be cross referenced with this post. 

Edited by rbjtech

• 2 weeks later...
gerry.emm

Hi guys...

Well, sad to report that, although I have purchased the lifetime subscription for EMBY Premiere (and LOVE the enhancements of Premiere!!!), I am STILL unable to properly display 3D movies...everything starts out correctly...EMBY even SEES that the movies are 1080p and 3D when I select one...I select the movie I want to watch, then tell my projector to change the 3D sync to "side by side" ( which is what ALL my 3D movies are sync'ed as) and hit the "play" button...the screen flashes a couple of times and then the movie is projected as 2 separate screens, displayed side by side...

The odd thing is that I "USED" to have a generic Android box to which I had loaded EMBY for Android, and was able to display 3D movies without a single hitch...I am still running a copy of PLEX on my laptop (NOT on my server) which is also connected through to my projector, and it plays 3D movies through my Shield Pro properly...

I HAVE to assume I have some setting incorrect either in my EMBY set up or less likely in my Shield's set up (less likely the Shield's set up, otherwise why would PLEX display them properly, right?)

With that, I now have absolutely no idea how to proceed...I REALLY want ot dump PLEX and stick with EMBY, cause I *DO* prefer EMBY, but am stumped, and disappointed that my Shielp Pro is not behaving as it should...if ANYONE has any suggestions insofar as how I can proceed or something I can try, PLEASE let me know!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Gerry

P.S. - I've included my last server log...yes, I realize there are some errors related to sub-titles as well as last-fm, but I am MUCH less motivated to fix THOSE errors than to get 3D running properly...once I get the 3D thing figured out, I'll attack THOSE errors!!!

embyserver.txt

rbjtech

It's not the end solution - but have you tried setting the Emby Shield Client to use a 3rd party player - such as VLC ? (you need to install first obviously .. 😉)

Also - as mentioned in my last post, you should try and log the error from within the Emby App itself :-

From the main Android Client Menu Settings > General Display > Enable Debug Logging

Then play a film as normal - get to the 'Cog' icon (arrow down) - you should now have an option which says 'Send Logs'

On this thread - mention @ebr - the emby username used, time region and time of when you sent the log - and this may indicate to the Dev's what the issue is.   Only the Dev's have access to these logs as they are sent direct from the App.  I suggest you do this within 1-2 seconds of playback - as I understand the log is very small and you may miss important details if left for too long.

1 hour ago, gerry.emm said:

Hi guys...

Well, sad to report that, although I have purchased the lifetime subscription for EMBY Premiere (and LOVE the enhancements of Premiere!!!), I am STILL unable to properly display 3D movies...everything starts out correctly...EMBY even SEES that the movies are 1080p and 3D when I select one...I select the movie I want to watch, then tell my projector to change the 3D sync to "side by side" ( which is what ALL my 3D movies are sync'ed as) and hit the "play" button...the screen flashes a couple of times and then the movie is projected as 2 separate screens, displayed side by side...

This sounds like your projector didn't switch to 3D mode but just displayed this normally which will look like two side by side videos.

Try starting the movie in Emby first then switching the projector 3D mode to SBS.

Let us know how that works.

gerry.emm

On 30/07/2021 at 10:33, rbjtech said:

It's not the end solution - but have you tried setting the Emby Shield Client to use a 3rd party player - such as VLC ? (you need to install first obviously .. 😉)

Also - as mentioned in my last post, you should try and log the error from within the Emby App itself :-

From the main Android Client Menu Settings > General Display > Enable Debug Logging

Then play a film as normal - get to the 'Cog' icon (arrow down) - you should now have an option which says 'Send Logs'

On this thread - mention @ebr - the emby username used, time region and time of when you sent the log - and this may indicate to the Dev's what the issue is.   Only the Dev's have access to these logs as they are sent direct from the App.  I suggest you do this within 1-2 seconds of playback - as I understand the log is very small and you may miss important details if left for too long.

I tried telling EMBY to use an external player (VLC) which I DO have installed on my little server, and I WAS able to play a 3D movie properly!!! (YAY!!!)...
I did turn on "debug logging", and will look for the log to see if I can send it...hopefully that'll help, but at least I now have a solution that works!!!...thanks for suggesting it!!!

On 30/07/2021 at 11:29, cayars said:

This sounds like your projector didn't switch to 3D mode but just displayed this normally which will look like two side by side videos.

Try starting the movie in Emby first then switching the projector 3D mode to SBS.

Let us know how that works.

Hi cayars...

thanks for the suggestion...I attempted what you suggested but unfortunately, 3D settings CANNOT be changed on the projector WHILE the movie is playing it would seem...
rbjtech's suggestion of setting it to use an external player DID however work, so, at least there is SOME progress!!!

THANKS A MILLION to everyone helping out to find the solution to my little problem!!!

Gerry...

• Like 2

rbjtech

ok - so that's positive news that the external player worked ok. 👍

re the logging - you don't need to manually send anything - it's all done from within the app (now you have turned on debug logging).

The fact that emby is streaming to the external App just fine, makes me think it must be some form of hardware recognition problem from the built in emby player (Exo) - and hopefully the sent log will help @ebr identify this.