Mapping second tuner card problems

Jacksondorf

Jacksondorf

On initial Emby setup I used an HDHomerun 2 tuner card with schedules direct guide date.  Had to map the channels, and it worked perfectly.  I added a second Hauppauge 4 tuner pcie card, and it was detected, but there is no way to map the guide data.  It has the same channels as the HDHomerun, but they named a bit different. The channels show up in the guide, but there is no data.  I had tried the NPVR plugin, and I got guide data, but all the channels showed up double in the guide, with no way to detect which tuner matches guide. What I am trying to do (best case) is have the guide show the channels ONCE in the guide, and be able to use all 6 tuners when scheduling programs etc. I wanted to run them both simultainously because I have many scheduled series/programs, etc, and was trying to phase in the 4 tuner card, and then remove the HDHomerun. If I could map the Hauppauge card channels I am pretty sure I could do it. Also, I can live stream all the tuners.

P.S. I did set up an emby server on another computer with the identical Hauppauge cared, and it worked perfectly.  The problem is with multiple TV sources.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jacksondorf

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Jacksondorf

Carlo,

I did map the channels....  and they worked on the tuner i initially added. The problem is with the second tuner added at a later time.

All the channels are mapped and work for only the HdHomerun tuner.  The Hauppauge tuner I added later is not picking up the schedule. If you examine the two images.....  the first one shows channel "3.1 KTVK-HD 1031" with no guide data which showed up in the guide after adding the Hauppauge tuner.  The second image is scrolled up to the top, showing channel "KTVK-HD 3.1" with guide data.  These are the same exact channel on the two different sources: HDHomerun with data, and ALL channels on Hauppauge with no data.  There is no way to map data independently on two different sources that I can find. 

See on the pic below three tuner sources. the guide data works on the first tuner source I put in and did the guide data mapping.  The second two sources I added at a later date do not get guide data, and there is no way to do any mapping for them.  My guess is that the Hauppauge is adding the 1031, 1032, etc designation along with the 3.1. 3.2 designation.   

When I get a long break between recordings, I will try removing all tuners and sources, then add the Hauppauge tuner and add/map the source again with out the HDHomerun tuner. Not exactly what I want, but 4 tuners is better than 2.  If I do this, will I have to re-do all my series-recordings I have set?

!!!!!  Never mind! I figured out how to do it.  I had the Schedules direct check box set to use on all tuner devices.  I changed it and individually selected the tuner, and was able to map the channels on the newly added device. It will take a while to show up the data on the guide. hopefully it will combine all the tuners, and not duplicate the channels like the NPVR add-on did.

evidently not all tuner devices present the channel data the same to Emby.

thx for the reply, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I'd like to get a look at your setup.  Any chance we could do a remote session?  If so send me a PM with a link back to this thread.

I'm available tonight or tomorrow morning early.

Jacksondorf

I am available now if you like.

If you use Discord, I am Jacksondorf#9540

Just what are you looking for?

Edited by Jacksondorf

We use Teamviewer for remote support.  You can download it from www.teamviewer.com.  After installing it and opening it you'll get an ID and one-time use passcode.  Just PM me that info and I'll log right in tonight.

After our quick time together I know you got what to do and yes you have a bit of a unique setup and will want to take your time moving from the HDHR to the Hauppage tuners by getting the new tuners mapped, then go through your series to switch them over.  Any series not currently airing might not show up on new tuner until it's back airing so keep a list and just switch them to "All Channels" for now so they'll still record but you can later manually adjust back to a specific channel when they start airing again.

Also switch/try the built in guide data instead of the Schedule Direct data as it's one less thing to worry about or pay for moving forward as it's included in your Premiere license! :)

If you hit any snags let us know, but it sounds like you got this under control for the switch over and then once you remove the HDHR you'll be back to one set of channel numbers again making your guide data nice and tidy.

• 7 months later...