Missing Guide Data for Fresno market

csadoian

csadoian

Yesterday I noticed that three OTA channels in the Fresno, CA market were missing from the guide data.  They are Antenna-TV (43.5), Me-TV (43.6) and Cozi-TV (43.8).  They are part of KGMC, virtual channel 43 operated by Cocola Broadcasting.  KGMC has three other virtual channels (Estrella TV, HSN and QVC) but I don't watch them so I don't know if guide data (if any) is missing for them also.

There is a possibility the missing guide data may be related to one of the large fires burning in California, one called the "Creek Fire".  It's burning very close to Meadow Lakes, which is where their transmitter is located (as are many other transmitters that serve the Fresno market).  However, at this time their transmitter is still on the air and transmitting all their virtual channels.

Thanks.

csadoian

Using USA-OTA93618 for over the air.

I also use a cable tuner and Comcast carries two of those channels (Me-TV amd Cozi), and the guide data is present for those channels (using USA-CA04818-X).  They don't carry Antenna-TV.  The guide data only seems to be missing from the OTA lineup, and that's normally what I use to watch and record shows from.

The guide data is still missing from the OTA lineup as of Monday morning.

Thanks.

csadoian

Still no sign of those stations in my guide.  Kinda of a pain in the butt because I do like to record one program from Antenna TV and while Emby allows me to WATCH the channel live, there is no way to schedule a recording in Emby without having the program listed in the guide (hint, hint, maybe a feature like this could be added).

csadoian

Hmm, didn't think of that.  In looking at the mapping, the guide data appears to be mixing up two of my local stations.  It seems to be mixing up KGMC and KNSO.  This is what the two stations are supposed to be:

KGMC

43.1  Estrella TV

43.4  Home Shopping

43.5  Antenna TV

43.6  ME-TV

43.7  QVC

43.8  Cozi TV

KNSO

51.1  Telemundo

51.2  TeleXitos

51.3  Ion Television

51.4  NBCLX

I'll attach a screenshot of the available mapping.  It looks like the KGMC channels are being supplied in the 51.x area for some reason.  I don't think these two stations are co-owned, but that might explain the problem.

I re-mapped 43.5, 43.6 and 43.8 to their corresponding channels in the 51.x group, refreshed the guide and the listings are now correct.  If they later correct the guide so the channel numbers match up I can go in and remove my custom mapping.

Thanks for the suggestion of checking the channel mapping.

mapping.jpg