socket exceptions?

qwerty2k

So I have tried in native OSX and inside docker and still fairly regularly when playing content to my lg c9 tv via wifi I the video stops and pauses (im using direct play), having looked in the emby logs I can see entries such as the below around the time that the video stops playing. I have to click stop and then start to make the video play again.

2020-09-13 12:40:26.604 Info HttpServer: SocketException: http://192.168.1.116:8096/emby/videos/248/stream.mkv?DeviceId=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdlYjBTOyBMaW51eC9TbWFydFRWKSBBcHBsZVdlYktpdC81MzcuMzYgKEtIVE1MLCBsaWtlIEdlY2tvKSBDaHJvbWUvNTMuMC4yNzg1LjM0IFNhZmFyaS81MzcuMzYgV2ViQXBwTWFuYWdlcnwxNTk4NzE5Mjc4NDU5&MediaSourceId=9c64047e5e3f0bbcf1d602cfcffb884d&Static=true&PlaySessionId=5ffd64712e6649cc8d31e40347409e34&api_key=xxxxx

Is this likely to be a server or client issue? Anyway I can get more information on the socket exception? anyone got any advice? would using ethernet likely resolve the issue?

thanks,

embyserver.txt

I have attached a full log, my stream paused during playing of this file, the log shows 2 socket exceptions, unfortunately I can't remember the precise time that the playback stopped/buffered/paused. I hope this helps.

Updated to Emby Server 4.5 and the pausing happened again though I don't seem to have any exceptions, i have attached a new log, the pause happened at around 17:46.embyserver.txt

Edited by qwerty2k

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how did you upgrade to 4.5? I actually haven't published it for MacOS yet.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, when I first posted the issue I was running the OSX ember server, to try and resolve the issue I switched to using docker (and had the same issue inside docker), and osx native, this is using 4.5 inside docker (though I will try native osx once available :))

• 2 weeks later...