EMBY wrong folders.

gokuz

1st image = EMBY main page

2nd image = Jellyfin main page

3rd Image = Jellyfin inside the TV series (Slayers)

Same Folder structure for both. 

TV

├──  Slayers
           ├── 01. Slayers (original)
           ├── 02. Slayers Next
           ├── 03. Slayers Try
           ├── 04. Slayers Revolution
           ├── 05. Slayers Evolution-R
           └── Movies

EMBY doesn't respect the folder structure.

EMBY is apparently using subfolders as a TV-Series while Jellyfin doesn't.

What settings can I change to make EMBY be like jellyfin?

1g.jpg

2g.jpg

3g.jpg

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, did you set this up as a mixed content library?

Hi, no its set as TV series. All settings are the same for both jellyfin and emby. 

I really want emby to work due to me purchasing premier. Please help me solve this problem. I do not want to change my folders. Its perfect as it is. Its just that EMBY is choosing to use subfolders as a TV Series.

If you do not have a solution, I am forced to use Jellyfin....

Edited by gokuz

Happy2Play

Emby is not as forgiving with those Season folder names and maybe the content of movies folder might break Series also.  But without movies I can reproduce with that specific season naming.  

Still need full context of episode naming also.  But right now Emby will not treat the specific structure naming as a Series.

3 hours ago, Luke said:

What should the series folder be, Slayers ? And what folder did you setup the library with?

As you can see the 2nd picture is from jellyfin, It is between Shaman king and Soul Eater.

Folder is an Anime folder (TV)

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Emby is not as forgiving with those Season folder names and maybe the content of movies folder might break Series also.  But without movies I can reproduce with that specific season naming.  

Still need full context of episode naming also.  But right now Emby will not treat the specific structure naming as a Series.

TV

├──  Slayers
           ├── 01. Slayers (original)
           ├── 02. Slayers Next
           ├── 03. Slayers Try
           ├── 04. Slayers Revolution
           ├── 05. Slayers Evolution-R
           └── Movies

Why is it that your fork (jellyfin) can do this but not you (emby)? This is a huge letdown tbh.

Edited by gokuz

Happy2Play

Only the dev can truly comment, but the changes in the auto detection system is not as forgiving as the previous system back in the 3.5 versioning.  It is better for some and worse for others.  The forks go in different directions.

3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Only the dev can truly comment, but the changes in the auto detection system is not as forgiving as the previous system back in the 3.5 versioning.  It is better for some and worse for others.  The forks go in different directions.

Jellyfin is still using 3.5 emby's folder structure system on its latest version? If that's true, I'd prefer to do it this way.

I can name the Seasons folder as custom names with STORY ARC names like this  01. Slayers (original), 02. Slayers Next, 03. Slayers Try.

Anime are not like american TV shows where its just seasons, You need some context to follow it (Story ARCs). Its in fact very important. Do you have knowledge how to revert this, any settings I left unchecked or need to check?

Happy2Play

I don't follow jellyfin but they forked at that version and do there own thing.

There is no way to change this in Emby that I am aware of.  But only Luke can truly comment on this.

11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But only Luke can truly comment on this.

@Luke

I honestly feel emby has totally put anime under the bus if you can't change this setting. Maybe put a tickbox for "ARC folder structure" to simulate and bring back your previous folder structure?

The only thing emby is superior than jellyfin is its mobile apps. Jellyfin is still using HTML player while emby is using MPV. I'd take emby mobile app anyday, BUT if I can't resolve this issue you guys are forcing me to change to jellyfin.

Edited by gokuz

David Patt

TVDB naming and you are ok.

├──  Slayers
           ├── 01. Slayers (original)  - SEASON 01
           ├── 02. Slayers Next - SEASON 02
           ├── 03. Slayers Try - SEASON 03
           ├── 04. Slayers Revolution - SEASON 04
           ├── 05. Slayers Evolution-R - SEASON 05
           └── Movies - Movies

1 hour ago, David Patt said:

TVDB naming and you are ok.

├──  Slayers
           ├── 01. Slayers (original)  - SEASON 01
           ├── 02. Slayers Next - SEASON 02
           ├── 03. Slayers Try - SEASON 03
           ├── 04. Slayers Revolution - SEASON 04
           ├── 05. Slayers Evolution-R - SEASON 05
           └── Movies - Movies

Problem is, its not only this series. I've labelled my anime with STORY ARCS as the seasons.

With jellyfin I can do this no problem but EMBY is refusing this method. Why?

TVDB is great for american shows but not Anime. You will get lost watching anime using S0XE0X. Therefore using labels on Seasons is the middle ground. Why is Jellyfin superior in this regard than EMBY? I'm a paying customer btw, jellyfin does this for free. Please fix.

Edited by gokuz

26 minutes ago, David Patt said:

Do you switch your view in Emby to folders view ? It once happened to me and when i switch everything was fine.

No, this is not "Mixed Content" or "Home Videos".

Its content type is TV Shows

mastrmind11
2 hours ago, gokuz said:

No, this is not "Mixed Content" or "Home Videos".

Its content type is TV Shows

That's not what he asked.  

6 minutes ago, mastrmind11 said:

That's not what he asked.  

Then I understood wrongly. If that's the case, where can I find folders view option?

2 hours ago, gokuz said:

Bump

Hi there, we're very happy to help. Bumping a topic only two hours after your previous posting is not necessary. You will always get a response. Thank you for your patience.