EMBY wrong folders.

gokuz

11 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, we're very happy to help. Bumping a topic only two hours after your previous posting is not necessary. You will always get a response. Thank you for your patience.

2113153268_3g-Copy.jpg.76e026f9e4e1f1073439d8510426ea0d.jpg@David Patt

I'm missing alphabetical order when using folders. 

Also in folder view on my android/iphone apps have this issue, its not showing the 3rd column.

538198923_Screenshot_20200911-122017(Small).png.3beb11ddd877c9bdfba6eee8a870c063.png560835770_Screenshot_20200911-122034(Small).png.b4c87c5282e05b9383f5dad6ac20845b.png

David Patt

1 Alphabetic Order - yes i dont have it either but i use folder structure like this. ANIME ---A ----Accel World
                                                                                                                                                         ---B---- Banana Fish  etc....
                                                                                                                                                         ---B---- Babylon  etc....

2 , on Mobile phone even in folder view i have third column

PenkethBoy

use the folder tab at the top and make sure that view is sort by title - then you will have the alpha picker - for Tv Shows

1 hour ago, PenkethBoy said:

use the folder tab at the top and make sure that view is sort by title - then you will have the alpha picker - for Tv Shows

You solved it! Thanks. Hope someone that has this problem come across this coz as its nowhere in the faq/wiki.

Edited by gokuz

8 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

Bad news, one problem after another...

My server vs TEST VM.

Both are using the same folder stucture, same files, everything SAME. Why is one showing a folder icon? I'm stumped once again. 

This folder icon interferes with the everything and doesn't show, nfo/artwork/description/posters.

d2 - Copy.jpg

d2 - Copy (2).jpg

PenkethBoy

stop cutting off the top of the screen shot as it allows us to see what page you are on - show the TABS at the top of the page.

Post 1. cant tell why you have folder icons - a) have no idea what page you are on b) why do you have them sorted differently

Post 2.  Looks like you are comparing apples and bananas - but again no context on where the first screenshot came from and what you think is wrong. other than one shows special folder and one does not.

Rather than keep posting random screenshots - give details of what screen you are on what options you have applied etc and what you dont understand - so we have a chance of answering you questions besides the screenshot.

If you dont people will be less likely to help you.

1 hour ago, PenkethBoy said:

stop cutting off the top of the screen shot as it allows us to see what page you are on - show the TABS at the top of the page.

Post 1. cant tell why you have folder icons - a) have no idea what page you are on b) why do you have them sorted differently

Post 2.  Looks like you are comparing apples and bananas - but again no context on where the first screenshot came from and what you think is wrong. other than one shows special folder and one does not.

Rather than keep posting random screenshots - give details of what screen you are on what options you have applied etc and what you dont understand - so we have a chance of answering you questions besides the screenshot.

If you dont people will be less likely to help you.

1st pic = my server

2nd pic = vm

I stated it in both posts, hope you read for context next time

Happy2Play

Without you showing the page headers in your image it is almost impossible to tell what or where you are looking in the UI.

It is really hard to say, but one server shows it Identified as a Series and the other does not.  Since the system is auto detect content type even though you are specifying one on the library it still has to figure out the layers of folder/series/season and if it does not see proper Season Folder it will get it wrong on occasion.

Do you write nfo files and save images with media?

PenkethBoy
59 minutes ago, gokuz said:

1st pic = my server

2nd pic = vm

I stated it in both posts, hope you read for context next time

i did - your context is missing detail and does not help me or anybody else to figure out what your issue is

provide detail or remain in the dark

Yeah. You are asking why is the folder icon not shown all the time when using folder view? Indeed.. I see the same problem and I can give a better example of this issue in Emby server.

llP88Hs.png

To reproduce the problem follow these steps:

1) Click Movie library
2) Click the folder tab
3) Notice everything showing on screen has folder icons.
4) Scroll down and notice as you do nothing else that was off the screen has the folder icon.. weird, right?

This is consistent across apps the Roku and Web app behave identically.

Edited by speechles

PenkethBoy

Interesting - for me with .25 and Chrome 85

i get all the folder icons for each movie - tried two diff libraries - on folder tab - can scroll up and down all stay visible

however with TV Shows library i get no folder icons at all on folder tab

hmm

Edited by PenkethBoy

Happy2Play

If you are seeing a folder icon on a Series in folder view it means that series is not being identified at the series folder level.  Or you have a nested folder structure.

Same applies to Movies but primarily nested folder structure.

Edited by Happy2Play

It was annoy me because for new features on the Roku I was assume it was my code not working properly and spent an extra week doing something thinking I had to rethink and refactor code to find the bug. Turned out it was the server when I finally decided to compare to the web app. It is indeed a perplexing problem. But once I saw the Roku makes the same exact move I figure once the server fixes this it fixes it on the apps too. Weird how it affects it differently for different people. Makes tracking this down even more fun, thrilling, and hours long fun...lol.

PenkethBoy

ah remember now - emby has the option to flatten folder structure

<CollapseVideoFolders>true</CollapseVideoFolders>

might be at play here

also my movie folders have an extra layer before the movie folders as i make a folder to hold the movie that i then put the movie folder into - so i can group movies together although not for boxset purposes but to limit the number of folders to a degree in the root movie folder and have sequels next to each other - this may be having an effect on what i see.

e.g. movies/avengers/age of altron/movie.ext

e.g. movies/avengers/endgame/movie.ext

• Like 1

It might have to do with multiple versions for movies when it shows them as folder icons. @Luke do multiple versions of a movie in the same folder with no sub folders show with a folder icon? It appears they do.

Happy2Play

Yes I was just thinking those two switches, but is dependent on you install date.

PenkethBoy

when did that Collapse config switch appear  @Happy2Play do you remember?

think its been around for a while as my older servers dont have it enabled

which is what i used to try the above 

but my test server has it enabled

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, speechles said:

It might have to do with multiple versions for movies when it shows them as folder icons. @Luke do multiple versions of a movie in the same folder with no sub folders show with a folder icon? It appears they do.

In my tests no.

1 minute ago, PenkethBoy said:

when did that Collapse config switch appear  @Happy2Play do you remember?

think its been around for a while as my older servers dont have it enabled

which is what i used to try the above 

but my test server has it enabled

Beginning of v4 I believe.  As we saw it configured then reconfigured as it forced a library rebuild.

PenkethBoy

ok ta - i prob ensured it stayed disabled (false) at that time when the beta enabled it etc to save my metadata changes etc

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, PenkethBoy said:

ok ta - i prob ensured it stayed disabled (false) at that time when the beta enabled it etc to save my metadata changes etc

I can't remember but I thought we only say the change via the metadata manager.

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, speechles said:

Actually it does for manually grouped item, but not on automatically grouped items.

4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Actually it does for manually grouped item, but not on automatically grouped items.

That is the difference for me and the folder icon inconsistency. Not sure about others though. My concern was that the Roku has to match the web app. Even if the web app is giving bad data the Roku has to mirror that. It cannot try to "fix" things and disobey the server. It must be the messenger only. The messenger doesn't alter the message. The apps are the servers messengers. Having items appear consistently on every Emby platform is the goal. Then as the web app changes and evolves the apps need to do very little to just fall in line and stay consistent.

The only issue is when these folders are "virtual" by means of several versions of the same item in folder versus having actual other folders nested within that folder. I thought the folder icon showed nested folders. When a folder was in a folder. Turns out no. It also shows when there are multiple versions of an item in that folder with no other folders nested. This presents the challenge to users to know the difference. Using the same icon for both is confusing. Believe me.

Should multiple versions in a folder use a different icon? I mean to alleviate the confusion.. It is hard to get this right.

Edited by speechles