Items endpoint - why does adding userid change the results??

PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

When pulling back a list of Playlist from emby i get different results if i supply the userid

NOTE - all Playlists have the same userid having checked the xml files

Situation

1. i have one playlist that is redundant/dormant in that the media associated with it has been removed (testing). The playlist xml file still has the entries and the folder still exist in the playlist folder

2. if i ask emby via /items endpoint for playlists - it returns 9 (on test server)

3. however if i ask emby via /users/<userid>/items - it returns 8 - missing out the "dormant" playlist

4 if i add userid to /items it return 8 also - so missing again

Is this as intended and if so why do we get different results from very similar queries

Trying to understand why, if it is intended to be this way

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

As an update if i use the /items endpoint and add in a ParentID i again do not get all the PL back - i.e 8

So "filtering" the items end point reduces whats returned to only visible PL

I can add the ParentID to the fields property to overcome this.

But enabling Userdata does not add the userdata to the JSON - i guess as PL are more a global thing - which is OK - but the xml does have user info in it - but i guess its not active

That raises another question if user info is not being used at the moment - why does it affect /items and .user<userid>/items ??????

Confused :)

• Like 1

With user id you only get playlists with at least one visible item for that user. If there are no visible items it won't be seen, which is currently an open issue.

• 1 month later...