WAN IP (172.58) tagged as Local IP by Emby

MBSki
Go to solution Solved by MBSki,

MBSki
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Sorry I don't have an iPhone to test with.

Doesn't have to be an iPhone. Any device that you previously connected to Emby with. It seems to me that the device gets marked as "trusted" and assumes it's local even if it's remote.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

Right, sorry, I used the wrong terminology. The main login page where you select manual login. What do you see there when on cellular? Do your hidden users show up when using a cellular connection on a previously connected device?

The only way my users appear on cellular is if I disable "Hide this user from login screens when connected remotely"

MBSki
Just now, Happy2Play said:

The only way my users appear on cellular is if I disable "Hide this user from login screens when connected remotely"

Hmmm, ok, thanks. 

6 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Doesn't have to be an iPhone. Any device that you previously connected to Emby with. It seems to me that the device gets marked as "trusted" and assumes it's local even if it's remote.

Are you running the release or Beta version of the server?

Are you sure this is a LOGIN SCREEN user and not a SAVED user?

What happens if you create a brand new user and allow them to show on local network but not remote?  Do not login with it but see if it shows up.  Does it show up?

MBSki
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

Are you running the release or Beta version of the server?

Release

Are you sure this is a LOGIN SCREEN user and not a SAVED user?

Huh? I'm not aware of those designations for users.

What happens if you create a brand new user and allow them to show on local network but not remote?  Do not login with it but see if it shows up.  Does it show up?

I'll test

Edit: Yes, the Test user shows up when connected remotely even though Hide this user is selected.

image.png.028d0ed10f391d9a8c0c8b276267e1f9.png

Edited by mbarylski

MBSki
1 minute ago, cayars said:

That sounds like a bug then.  @Luke

Ok, can you test it to see if you experience the same thing?

Happy2Play

I get this on app launch on LAN/WIFI (from a closed app state)

IMG_0200.thumb.PNG.2d84b8c6dfe9b01b0f310f4a178fbc4c.PNG

Stop/close app

Disable WIFI to then open app on Cellular

IMG_0201.thumb.PNG.a992bad83d9a9bb8bb4b2075ae4be4c0.PNG

Now if the app is still open/running you will get different results.

Cache issue with the browser? for the phone.. I am not to familiar but you could delete your temp files and the files ( extra ones for the app ) and see what happens from there. Not for sure if the browser your using on Android has that option..

Could also be an error in how Emby handles the client to access the server for certain information.. but I doubt that it is that at all would be difference in code served and accessed for that type of device. You would see a lot more postings about it..

I would try the cache.. and files ..seems to be the hot button for the day.

MBSki

@Happy2Play @Hxemby001 There does seem to be some kind of cache as the app always connects me locally even when I'm on cellular. I don't know how that's possible, but somehow it's directing me to a local ip when using the app remotely, but a browser will NOT connect me to a local ip.

This definitely seems like a bug in the app and not my router. Especially since connecting via browser works correctly. Is there someway to clear cache in the app? On Android, delete all data maybe?

You have to the page where you disable or uninstall the app.. and there is a button there I think.. as far as temp files for the phone.. That one is probably a little more difficult..

Wish I knew better I have a Windows 10 Phone and have only worked on Androids... I know it is there somewhere though..LOL

pwhodges
2 hours ago, mbarylski said:

Edit: Yes, the Test user shows up when connected remotely even though Hide this user is selected.

I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I see this on the iPhone with the current beta.

Paul

• Like 1

Happy2Play
21 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I see this on the iPhone with the current beta.

Paul

My test above was from Emby for iOS 2.0.3.

Either I don't see what is being discussed here or I don't know the steps to reproduce the issue discussed here.

pwhodges

Heh!  I hadn't checked the beta update I installed this morning!  It seems to have fixed it :)

Paul

Happy2Play

So this is a app/version specific issue?

MBSki
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

So this is a app/version specific issue?

I see this in the release version of the server, the beta app on Android, and in ANY browser on my Android phone. On my iPhone through Safari, I can't reproduce the issue, it works correctly. I don't have the app installed on my iPhone so I don't know if that would work differently, but the browser at least works correctly. 

On my Android though, which is my daily driver, I can reproduce the issue every time on the release version of the server. 

MBSki

@Luke There appears to be an issue with how "local" devices are detected. Can you investigate?

5 hours ago, mbarylski said:

@Luke There appears to be an issue with how "local" devices are detected. Can you investigate?

Most likely it comes down to your network environment and emby server network settings, rather than an actual problem that needs to be fixed.

MBSki
18 minutes ago, Luke said:

Most likely it comes down to your network environment and emby server network settings, rather than an actual problem that needs to be fixed.

I wasn't the only user to post that there's an issue, so no, not about my network settings. 

I wasn't the only user to post that there's an issue, so no, not about my network settings. 

If you investigate, the answer will be there. The server activity log will show the ip address of the client device. Compare that to your server network settings and you should be able to determine why it's detected one way or the other.

MBSki
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

If you investigate, the answer will be there. The server activity log will show the ip address of the client device. Compare that to your server network settings and you should be able to determine why it's detected one way or the other.

Emby reports the client IP as an external IP. If the client device has an external ip, it should hide users with the "hide when remote" option checked right?

image.png.9a5508bdca2d1de845c28842365503ef.png

Happy2Play

Emby reports the client IP as an external IP. If the client device has an external ip, it should hide users with the "hide when remote" option checked right?

image.png.9a5508bdca2d1de845c28842365503ef.png

But what 172 network as 172 has private networks that would be considered LAN.

Like the discussion here.

• Like 1

172 is local IP address range up to a certain range though.. ( not all of them )...

Google the other day for example on 172.31

Edited by Guest