Jump to content
Exist2Resist

ANSWERED Your account exceeded the maximum streaming limit set by your Emby Server Administrator

Recommended Posts

Exist2Resist

Except that I am the administrator and my account has no streaming limit.

See attachments.

 

Screenshot_20200903-200346.png

Screenshot_20200903-195826~2.png

Edited by Exist2Resist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Hi, check the server network settings. You could have a global limit set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exist2Resist

That did the trick, thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jordy

I had that last night also. A ServerPC Re-boot fixed it in the end - after everything else I could thinks of. I actually thought that maybe it was a windows 10 issue, something to do with drive access maybe idk.

It was on happening every device, Web UI on Server, Android Mobile, Android TV on Shield...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jordy
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, check the server network settings. You could have a global limit set.

The only settings in the Network tab I can see that are restrictive are Simultaneous Streams (Unlimited) and Internet Bitrate Limit (5). Neither of which have been changed in the past year or so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
5 hours ago, jordy said:

The only settings in the Network tab I can see that are restrictive are Simultaneous Streams (Unlimited) and Internet Bitrate Limit (5). Neither of which have been changed in the past year or so...

Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jordy
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

Not sure what you are wanting here. I just chimed in to say that I had a similar if not the same issue but resolved it by re-booting the server PC. And the quoted comment was just to say that I could not find anything in  the Networks tab to control a "Global Limit"... Unless you are referring to the Streaming Limit, which I clearly said was set to "Unlimited".

Perhaps you could be more specific regarding the setting you are referring to?

Edited by jordy
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars
10 hours ago, jordy said:

The only settings in the Network tab I can see that are restrictive are Simultaneous Streams (Unlimited) and Internet Bitrate Limit (5). Neither of which have been changed in the past year or so...

This makes perfect sense.  You have the bitrate capped at 5 Mb so if what you were trying to stream remotely was over 5 Mb then the message you got is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy2Play

That is a per stream limit and nothing to do with Simultaneous Streams, but there are two settings global and user.  Did the user setting somehow get changed? @jordy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

Doh, I read that message incorrectly.  Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jordy
16 hours ago, cayars said:

This makes perfect sense.  You have the bitrate capped at 5 Mb so if what you were trying to stream remotely was over 5 Mb then the message you got is correct.

Not a chance @Cayars. This was on Home network via Cat6 cable. Internet Limits - SHOULD have zero effect, coupled with the PC reboot that fixed it says the same...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jordy
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

That is a per stream limit and nothing to do with Simultaneous Streams, but there are two settings global and user.  Did the user setting somehow get changed? @jordy

Not by me.  I have changed nothing recently, in fact settings haven't changed for many months - I subscribe to the theory that if it works as expected don't mess with it. Also, just rebooting the server pc made it go away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

@jordy but you got yourself fixed up with a reboot correct?  So all is good for you now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jordy
On 9/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, cayars said:

@jordy but you got yourself fixed up with a reboot correct?  So all is good for you now?

Yep, hasn't happened since the sever reboot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...