Your account exceeded the maximum streaming limit set by your Emby Server Administrator

Exist2Resist
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Exist2Resist

Except that I am the administrator and my account has no streaming limit.

See attachments.

Screenshot_20200903-200346.png

Screenshot_20200903-195826~2.png

Edited by Exist2Resist

I had that last night also. A ServerPC Re-boot fixed it in the end - after everything else I could thinks of. I actually thought that maybe it was a windows 10 issue, something to do with drive access maybe idk.

It was on happening every device, Web UI on Server, Android Mobile, Android TV on Shield...

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, check the server network settings. You could have a global limit set.

The only settings in the Network tab I can see that are restrictive are Simultaneous Streams (Unlimited) and Internet Bitrate Limit (5). Neither of which have been changed in the past year or so...

5 hours ago, jordy said:

The only settings in the Network tab I can see that are restrictive are Simultaneous Streams (Unlimited) and Internet Bitrate Limit (5). Neither of which have been changed in the past year or so...

Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

Not sure what you are wanting here. I just chimed in to say that I had a similar if not the same issue but resolved it by re-booting the server PC. And the quoted comment was just to say that I could not find anything in  the Networks tab to control a "Global Limit"... Unless you are referring to the Streaming Limit, which I clearly said was set to "Unlimited".

Perhaps you could be more specific regarding the setting you are referring to?

Edited by jordy
spelling

10 hours ago, jordy said:

This makes perfect sense.  You have the bitrate capped at 5 Mb so if what you were trying to stream remotely was over 5 Mb then the message you got is correct.

Happy2Play

That is a per stream limit and nothing to do with Simultaneous Streams, but there are two settings global and user.  Did the user setting somehow get changed? @jordy

16 hours ago, cayars said:

This makes perfect sense.  You have the bitrate capped at 5 Mb so if what you were trying to stream remotely was over 5 Mb then the message you got is correct.

Not a chance @Cayars. This was on Home network via Cat6 cable. Internet Limits - SHOULD have zero effect, coupled with the PC reboot that fixed it says the same...

13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

That is a per stream limit and nothing to do with Simultaneous Streams, but there are two settings global and user.  Did the user setting somehow get changed? @jordy

Not by me.  I have changed nothing recently, in fact settings haven't changed for many months - I subscribe to the theory that if it works as expected don't mess with it. Also, just rebooting the server pc made it go away...

On 9/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, cayars said:

@jordy but you got yourself fixed up with a reboot correct?  So all is good for you now?

Yep, hasn't happened since the sever reboot.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
utah-dave

So I am starting to have this same problem but I have not restricted the user or the network. what would case that? 

Edited by utah-dave

@utah-dave could you do another test playing something back?
Once you receive the error post the name of the media you just tried to play as well as the Emby Server log file.

Your server log may point to a configuration setting that has been changed or requires tuning.

Carlo

utah-dave

So I went through the logs and the err that I found was Is Denied. Is this a folder denied? I know the user and the server account both has full access to that folder and its permissions.  What I think is a bit odd. If I reboot (restart) the service for the server, it will play the video just fine. what ever it is it is affecting all the users and it seams like we can play one film jsut fine and then the next one wont. It dose not matter if it is a Movie video or a TV show video. Same result, Different sub folders, same permissions. I also don't understand if this is a permission problem, why would it say you reached max streaming instead of something ells. It takes a while for it to display your reach the max stream. \

image.thumb.png.4aa7e66131b2edb3990f309e17cf22e2.png

Edited by utah-dave

So I went through the logs and the err that I found was Is Denied. Is this a folder denied? 

It appears so, yes. Is the media on the same machine as the server?

utah-dave

All the media is being hosted by a different server. What is odd. My user can play it just fine, but another user cannot and give that err. settings are the same before the ebmy users other one is a server admin and the other is not. 

Looking at the error above using \\mediastorage\Movies\Sci-Fi\Batman

What's the name of your EmbyServer machine?
On mediastorage what is the share name?
In your library setup what is the path added for this?

Do you have Emby Server running as a service or does it start up after you login?
On mediastorage machine what username is setup on that computer that you are granting permissions to?
Did you give user above both read and write access?

When first connecting from your Emby Server are you specifying the username mentioned above as the login name as well as type in the password of the user setup on mediastorage?