TV Episode navigation problem

mgworek

mgworek

This isn't normally a problem because with normal Show > Season > Episode you can use the back button but if you are using Suggestions to look at next up for a show and want to go directly to the show, you can't always do that.

It has to do with the spacing of Audio: and Subtitles.

If they are on the same line, pressing up go straight to settings. You can maneuver around to anything else between.

If the subtitles are on there own line, you can’t move up and select the season and show title.

Examples included. 

Marcella I could move around where I needed to. iZombie, I couldn't get to the show title or season. I could only go from subtitles up to the top bar/settings.

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

Edited by mgworek

mgworek
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, what version of the Samsung app is this?

Shoot, forgot to check. I will check when I get home. Sorry about that.

FrostByte
58 minutes ago, mgworek said:

Shoot, forgot to check. I will check when I get home. Sorry about that.

BTW .82 got posted today.  It has some navigational fixes

• Like 1

mgworek
3 hours ago, FrostByte said:

BTW .82 got posted today.  It has some navigational fixes

I will download that this weekend and give it a try and post the results. Thanks for letting me know! I am currently on 1.0.77.

Edited by mgworek

mgworek
On 8/27/2020 at 8:59 PM, Luke said:

Yes I think the newer version should handle this much better. Thanks.

Same problem with 1.0.83

i took a video I will upload tomorrow. Like I mentioned in the first post, it’s not a huge problem because normal browsing works fine but just wanted you guys to be aware of it. 

Edited by mgworek
  • Like 1

mgworek

Uploading a video. Not sure if it will work, I never uploaded a video here before.

Ok at the start of the video, the video & audio info are on the  same line as the subtitles selection. I can only go up to Search / Settings when subtitles is selected. You can see me pause when trying to get left or right from subtitles.

I then go to another show that has the video & audio on one line and subtitles on it's own line. I can move up from subtitles and get to the Show title and Season.

If the video doesn't work, what service is the easiest to upload videos to so I can post a link? 

Thanks

mgworek

Something I just noticed. I had other episodes from shows work just fine when the subtitle was on the same line as the video & audio info. Those episodes had a director and/or a genre defined in the metadata. I added a genre to the iZombie episode that was having the problem and now the navigation works fine. I can move up and get to the show title and season. 

• Like 1

FrostByte
3 hours ago, Luke said:

@FrostByte are you able to reproduce?

For some reason I cannot duplicate this.  I went to Suggestions..Next Up and selected an episode and can navigate to the top where the series name is.  I even removed the genre beforehand.  I've tried single and two line media info episodes and still can't duplicate.  Been trying for 45 minutes now so I must be doing something different.

FrostByte

Nm, I can duplicate this now. 

mgworek is correct in his last post.  If you remove all the people and the genre from an episode's metadata then you can't navigate to the series name when on the details page for that episode. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
mgworek

@FrostByte @Luke

I know this is an old post from last year but I see this happening again. I just updated the app 1.1.01. I am not sure of my previous version but it was at least a few months old so I can’t say when this started happening again. It was working fine for a long time. 

I am actually seeing weird behavior between different episodes of the same series.

I will go into more detail tomorrow but wanted to check if anyone else has reported anything that I missed? I haven’t seen any posts.

mgworek
17 hours ago, Luke said:

What weird behavior?

ok, I am noticing 2 different behaviors. Last night, I thought there were 3 but with the latest version it can highlight the plot if it doesn't fit on the screen. I tested the last stable version from the Samsung store (1.0.97) and it is not having this problem. All episodes, the navigation was fine. I am including episode numbers so I can go back and take videos if needed. The directory was moved to after the plot on the new version, so I start there.

Scenario 1 with it working almost correctly, see below for moving down problem (episode 8).
Director is highlighted, Move up goes to Play button. Move up goes to Subtitle. Move up goes to Season/Series. Move up goes to Search.

Scenario 2 with it skipping the ability to go to season or series name (episode 6).
Director is highlighted, Move up goes to Play button. Move up goes to Subtitle. Move up goes to Search. It never lets you select Season or Series.

Also, moving down is broken in both scenarios. If you start at Search and move down, it always skips the Play button. It goes from Subtitle to Director. In Scenario one, where selecting Season works, moving down also skips that. Goes from Search to Subtitle.

Edited by mgworek

mgworek
43 minutes ago, SamES said:

Pictures?

I will take videos tomorrow. Pictures won’t show it skipping sections. 

mgworek
21 hours ago, SamES said:

Pictures?

ok,

1st video: working.mov shows it working as it should. When pressing up, I can go to season and series title.

2nd video: not_working.mov shows that when pressing up, it skips the season and series title. It goes from subtitles to seach.

Both also show that when search is highlighted and moving down, it skips the play button.

Edited by mgworek