Emby Theater on the Shield

SplitHorizon

• 1 year later...
xbmcgotham
On 24/08/2020 at 20:03, Luke said:

You can have that by installing the mobile app.

I installed the latest Emby for android apk file on the shield but still don’t get this look and feel. I can’t find any settings to allow for changing it into a similar look and feel as shown and discussed in this thread. Can Anyone point me to the settings locations I need to change settings to get this nice gui?

thanks

Just now, xbmcgotham said:

I installed the latest Emby for android apk file on the shield but still don’t get this look and feel. I can’t find any settings to allow for changing it into a similar look and feel as shown and discussed in this thread. Can Anyone point me to the settings locations I need to change settings to get this nice gui?

thanks

Hi, what specifically do you want to change?

xbmcgotham
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what specifically do you want to change?

I am trying to get it like the Emby theater Look and feel. Did I understand incorrectly maybe? I thought Emby theater look could be achieved in the Emby for android app when sideloaded.

or can you only get an almost similar look and feel of the gui?

8 minutes ago, xbmcgotham said:

I am trying to get it like the Emby theater Look and feel. Did I understand incorrectly maybe? I thought Emby theater look could be achieved in the Emby for android app when sideloaded.

or can you only get an almost similar look and feel of the gui?

What specifically does not look the way you expect?

xbmcgotham
1 minute ago, Luke said:

What specifically does not look the way you expect?

For example the menu is different on top and navigating through Emby is cumbersome. If it can’t be changed, than I hope you guys can investigate some feature releases which will allow for more personal configuration options of the gui to suite different installations.

Just now, xbmcgotham said:

For example the menu is different on top and navigating through Emby is cumbersome. If it can’t be changed, than I hope you guys can investigate some feature releases which will allow for more personal configuration options of the gui to suite different installations.

Menu is different from what? The first screenshot in this thread? If so then:

xbmcgotham
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Menu is different from what? The first screenshot in this thread? If so then:

I had enabled horizontal viewing, but I see a white background menu that has a scrolling menu. Photo here shows a static menu.

4 minutes ago, xbmcgotham said:

I had enabled horizontal viewing, but I see a white background menu that has a scrolling menu. Photo here shows a static menu.

It has changed slightly since that screenshot. What color theme is enabled?

xbmcgotham
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

It has changed slightly since that screenshot. What color theme is enabled?

I tried most of the theme colours but same menu design.

hopefully you can look into the additional personal settings, or is there a possibility like with kodi that people can create themes and make them downloadable for users to use?