How to "scrape" (migrate) from old Emby Server to new Emby server?

denzoid

denzoid

**Mods: I posted this in general section, can you please remove this post?** So I bought a Synology DS1019+ and I want selectively copy portions of my existing NAS/Emby server over to it, what setting do I need to apply to have this new instance scrape/pickup the NFO info, backdrops, covers, actors from the folders I copy over without re-scraping/grabbing new info, art from the internet? On my other server I have save artwork and NFOs to the media folder for all TV & Movies titles.

@cayars

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming this is a new install and you will be creating libraries, users and setting up from scratch.

If you previously had Emby store you graphics with the media you should be able to just setup these path on the new server.

Happy2Play

Did you previous have images saved with media and nfo saver enabled?  If not everything resides in the database and /metadata folder.  So you would need to transfer the entire Emby programdata folder from one system to another.  But you may run into issues if any configure path changes from system to system.