Server Configuration Backup 1.4.5.0 Permission Errors??

kbijvank

kbijvank

Hello,

Hello, i got a problem concerning the server configuration backup 1.4.5.0 in Emby. It throws permission errors but it writes all the files correctly with content. Under an Example of the log output (There is an error message just like this for every file Server Configuration Backup creates):

2020-08-18 08:13:42.949 Error Server Configuration Backup: Error Copying /config/config/users/151cae1de5984c2382708fc3ac8d8f86/sec.txt to /mnt/Backup_Emby/Emby Backup - 2020-08-18 08.13.41 - Auto/users/playlist/sec.txt
 Error Report 
Version: 4.4.3.0
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Unix 4.19.0.9
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
Processor count: 4
Program data path: /config
Application directory: /system
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
---> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func2 errorRewriter)
at Interop.CheckIo(Int64 result, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func2 errorRewriter)
at System.IO.FileSystem.CopyFile(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath, Boolean overwrite)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.CopyFile(String source, String target, Boolean overwrite)
at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.CopyFile(String source, String target, Boolean createDirectory)
Source: System.IO.FileSystem
TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted
Source:
TargetSite:

I've checked the folder for permission issuses, but that shouldn't be the problem. I've tried reinstalling the addon, removing MBBackup.xml and removing MBBackup.dll. After that reinstalled again, configured but to no avail. I Also changed the backup path did not work also.

unknown.png

If anyone can help me with this that would be super helpful. Attached is the log file.

embyserver.txt

Edited by kbijvank

Hi, sounds like the server is being denied write access to the backup destination. can you look into this? I would take a look at our file permissions guide:

Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

kbijvank

Hi Luke,

Permissions are set as follow: 777 for the whole folder- subfoders and files. So that is not the issue. It does write the files to the right location it just generates an error in the log.

image.png.affbb71fa1d7b2e66b7e0777674170ae.png

OK yes we've seen this reported once or twice before but don't have a solution yet. The error appears to be coming from within the .net core runtime, but as you say, the actual I/O operation seems to complete just fine.