Vanishing Collections

Netfool
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Netfool

@cayars That has been set the whole time:

1755848429_ScreenShot2020-08-14at10_58_02PM.thumb.png.544dbcb11fb6a54ad4d2788441056b09.png

...and that matches the path for the Live TV Recordings and Recordings Libraries, but the Recordings view in Live TV still comes up empty.

Edited by Netfool

Make sure the path as shown in the picture is also added to your recording library.

Netfool
3 hours ago, cayars said:

Make sure the path as shown in the picture is also added to your recording library.

It has been since the very first installation on the Shield.

Can you show us what the library section looks like for the Recording library?

Netfool
35 minutes ago, cayars said:

Can you show us what the library section looks like for the Recording library?

Sure...   The one that I set up looks like this:

851836784_ScreenShot2020-08-16at11_04_38AM.thumb.png.2a1c054e8f8bd2759c83e410f6ebedce.png

...and the one that was automagically created when rebuilding the database looks like this:

896901726_ScreenShot2020-08-16at11_04_01AM.thumb.png.19f571ce8d013729b099670f10b87419.png

There is one difference between the two with one having the trailing "/". While I'm not sure it's going to make a difference you could copy it from the place it's working to the other location so that are exactly the same and then do a refresh.  Easy enough to test.

Carlo

Netfool
29 minutes ago, cayars said:

There is one difference between the two with one having the trailing "/". While I'm not sure it's going to make a difference you could copy it from the place it's working to the other location so that are exactly the same and then do a refresh.  Easy enough to test.

Carlo

I'll give that a shot.   By "refresh" you mean a server restart?

-- Richard

Sorry, what I meant by refresh was a "Scan Library Files".

Basically rescan the Recording library.

Netfool

@cayars

Well, that didn't fix the problem, but it did automagically create another Recordngs Library!

1104335957_ScreenShot2020-08-16at11_52_32AM.thumb.png.65d13fd12be9e349701058144241894a.png

The time has come the Netfool said,
To speak of many things.
Of bits... and bytes.. and memory leaks,
and servers killed by high load peaks.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion something in the deep dark center of the server is tied in knots, and we could go down this rabbit hole forever.  The initial installation of Emby Server on the Shield took less time than we've spent chasing just this one problem.  I'm deeply grateful for the immense amount of time and effort everyone has spent guiding me through this troubleshooting adventure.   The Emby support team rocks!   But I think I'll try removing the apk and starting over, with the added help of that "Things I wish I knew..." post so I don't remake all the same mistakes. 

If one of the Recording folders is now correct you should be able to remove the wrong one. Does either now show all the files?

Nothing wrong with starting over if you really want to do that.  It will give you a clean setup and it's always easier the second time around to install as well!

Carlo

Netfool
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

If one of the Recording folders is now correct you should be able to remove the wrong one. Does either now show all the files?

Well... the newly spawned one which is a Mixed Content library does, the older one which had a tvshows.collection file before the last db rebuild doesn't but the one I originally created (called Live TV Recordings on the home page and Live TV DVR in the dashboard Library page) also has a tvshows.collection file and it does show them.  ...and the ._tvshows "subtitle" on the dashboard Library page looks weird for some of them:

1990909248_ScreenShot2020-08-16at12_55_06PM.thumb.png.1bf49a276b8ae59c1deab0a6a3f93be7.png

...but don't let all of this distract you from the problem that led us down this path:  The Recordings heading in the Live TV view came up empty... and it still does:

623800358_ScreenShot2020-08-16at12_45_00PM.thumb.png.50486466be3eac0b37f16af8fbc27a48.png

See what I mean by a rabbit hole?

• Solution

Yes I do and if there are files in that location they should show up.

Option number 2 not looking so bad. :)

Netfool
21 minutes ago, cayars said:

Yes I do and if there are files in that location they should show up.

Option number 2 not looking so bad. :)

I agree.  Right now I'm adding a drive to the media store.  I'll switch the family to the Emby server on the (underpowered) Linux box while I try a total reinstall.   I'm sure I'll be back with new questions and new adventures.   Many thanks for all the help!

-- Richard

• Like 1