Asustor Emby "Abspielen auf" Problem

stern_f

stern_f

Hallo,

ich habe ein Problem mit der Übergabe von Filmen auf mein TV Gerät (Sony Bravia) aus der Weboberfläsche heraus per "Abspielen auf" über das Icon oben rechts (Casting Symbol).

Ich sehe bei einem Klick auf das Symbol alle zur Verfügung stehen Geräte im Netzwerk und kann mich auch mit diesen verbinden, jedenfalls wird das in der Oberfläche so angezeigt. Es ist mir allerdings nicht möglich, Filme oder andere Inhalte per "Play" auf diesem "angeblich verbundenen Gerät" wiederzugeben. Es passiert schlicht nichts. Trenne ich die Verbindung wird alles problemlos im Browser abgespielt.

Ich habe auf einem neuen Asustor AS6404t den Emby-Server in der Version 4.4.3.0 direkt über den App Central installiert. Zusätzlich ist das Media-Pack von Asustor zur Hardwaretranscodierung installiert. Ein "Emby Premier" Accout ist ebenfalls vorhanden. Weitere Multimedia Features wie Looksgood, Soundsgood etc. sind nicht vorhanden.

Ich frage mich jetzt, ob ich auf dem Asustor ein weiteres Pack installieren muss, eine Einstellung fehlt o.ä.. Der Server läuft auf anderen NAS Systemen wie Synology oder Netgear an der Stelle völlig normal. Daher kann ich einen Fehler in meinem LAN/WLAN vermutlich ausschließen.

Habt Ihr eine Idee wie ich das Problem lösen kann?

stern_f

Hi there, I try to play the file on a Sony Bravia KDL-46W905A.

If I'm using the TV at a starting point by using the Emby DLNA Server everthing went smoothly. So the TV itself is able to play the mkv movie files very well.

The attached picture shows that Emby finds the device inside the webbrowser as a usable device. But sadly it's not.

At least not via Emby-Server on a Asustor, because Synology, Netgear ReadyNAS or even a Macbook for testing purposes, the transfer to the TV runs perfectly. Therefore, it seems to be an Asustor specific topic.

609326493_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-31um18_25_40.png.29c026c7fca338e7740fe7c83cd0e3a3.png

stern_f

I did one more test by starting the Emby App on my iPhone. If I do so, it's perfectly fine to push the DLNA content from the NAS to my phone. Even "remote control" (moving forward and backward in the movie) works without any glitches. I updated to the actual beta 4.5.0.16 but this doesn't help with my "push movie to TV" problem. In short: pushing from Emby Server to Emby App on mobile phone works perfect, where pushing to other DLNA devices in the same LAN without a local installed Emby-App does not (please keep in mind that this only is the case by using an Asustor NAS).

What happens if you do it the other way?  From the TV can you access and play back media over DLNA from the TV?

stern_f

Yes, pull movies from the Asustor Emby-Server to the TV works fine, only pushing from the NAS to the TV fails.

• Thanks 1

stern_f

No, if I start to play the mkv video files over the TV (by selecting the Emby DLNA Server shown on my TV) he plays all media files smoothly.

The Bravia TV has a small colored light on the lower middle which begins to flash purple for a view seconds if a device connects to the TV over DLNA. This is not the case when I try to stream a movie (or picture, or music) remotely from the Emby server to the TV over remote control.

If I've done that e.g. on my old Synology Emby Server I clicked play, than the white light on my TV went's from staying white to flash purple and the movie or picture or music was instantly shown or played. Maybe an open IP port on the Asustor is missing?

It's not a point I can't live without but it would by nice to have. :) Thanks for your support!

stern_f

SOLVED: I did a little research on my TV and found a saved list of devices allowed to remotely control the Bravia. The last entry of this long list was set to "no" and it was my Asustors MAC address. So I deleted some (very) old entries, changed the MAC to "yes" (allowed device to remote control the TV) and now everting works very well. So it was my fault and Emby works as well as expected. Many thanks for your help! 🙂

Edited by stern_f
  • Like 1