crusher11

Don't download subtitles for items with a .disc extension

crusher11

Now that I've got Open Subtitles working, my server is filled with subtitles downloaded for my stubs. It's a stub, so of course it doesn't have subtitles, but the file that replaces it may or may not. It's pointless to download subs that might just end up getting deleted when a real video file replaces the .disc file.

• Like 1

cayars

I certainly understand this feature request but wanted to offer two possible alternates:

Right now you can semi-control this by keeping all DISC files in a specific library with sub download not turned on.

The other way would be to require a hash match (usually a good idea anyway) and the subs would never match the DISC in this case so no sub download would take place.

crusher11

I almost never rip all the audio tracks that are actually on the disc, so requiring a hash match will mean no subtitles, ever, for anything.

And the whole reason I have stubs in the first place is to keep my library organised even if I don't have everything ripped; using a new library defeats that purpose.

cayars

Understood,  just throwing those ideas out in case you weren't aware of them in case it could help.  Feature request is valid IMHO.

Luke

We shouldn't be downloading them for stubs so we'll resolve this. Thanks.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

4.5.0.16 beta

• Don't download subtitles for disc placeholders
  • Like 2