Modify "Default Recording Parameters"

embysysadmin

embysysadmin

Modify "Default Recording Settings" "Start when possible" settings to include times after 0 as well as time before 0. IPTV providers often have a delay in programming. Some streams from my iptv provider arrive as late as 2 minutes past real clock time.

It would also be nice to have a little finer control over "Start when possible" and "Stop when possible".... perhaps 15 second intervals. I don't know how a delayed stop time conflict with a start time works if I exceed my stream limit from my iptv service.  Given the delay in my programming arrival vs clock time, I generally use 0 and 0 and deal with the result.

embysysadmin

Hmmn... Are negative numbers supported for a positive time? At first glance to your reply it seemed like that would be going the wrong way. However, i now see that for a stream that arrives at 10:02pm, then a 2 would would start the recording at 9:58PM real clock time and a -2 would start the recording at 10:02PM real clock time... which matches the stream arrival time.. I'll try a -5 relative soon with a 1/2 hour recording and see.

********Update before posting: Just tried to put in a -2 for "Start when possible". The GUI posts a bubble that says "Value must be equal to or greater than 0".********

OK guess that doesn't work then.  I never tried this before but figured it was an easy test. :)

Are you sure your computer time is accurate?

You might just need to deal with no padding at the start which for you is actually 2 minutes if streams always start 2 minutes late, then just add padding to the end.

embysysadmin

I purchase 5 streams from my iptv provider. Logically IF i record 4 streams 9pm-10pm and and 4 streams from 10pm to 11pm and watch 1 live stream from 9pm-11pm, and I have a 2 minute padding; THEN from 10pm-10:02PM, I need 9 streams.... 8 to record, and 1 to watch live. Never bothered to look what will really happen.... I know I can't get 9 streams and I don't know how fast the iptv service knows I closed a stream. Hence, I would like to start recording a stream "almost on time" and "end a stream a bit early"

I sort work around this at the moment with the linux 'fake time' system library... All Emby process get a system time offset I specify at Emby startup. I currently specify -125 seconds. Again, that is a linux library call that alters system time  for a group process ID. Probably not in an ordinary user's realm.

Edited by embysysadmin

That depends on the channels being recorded.  For example if you record from 9 to 10pm on ABC and 10pm to 11pm on ABC only one tuner is needed and you can still get your padding.

If different channels then padding will take place if possible.

But if doing 5 recordings then 5 tuners will be needed but more could be used to achieve padding.

That's based on the wording "if possible" but I've never tested this as I have more tuners than I'll normally need.

I'd be very careful wanting to end shows early as you'll stand a good chance of missing endings.

If your IPTV host streams are constantly 2 minute late then having your clock adjusted back 2 minutes should equalize this.  In that case maybe set all padding to 0 and see how that works for you.

embysysadmin

On another post tonight, it was noted that I pull my 6,500+ iptv provider m3u frequently as they change it frequently (apparently randomly expiring tokens and not fixed user/pass combos in stream urls). I parse it out for the channels I need and refresh the Emby stored m3/EPG if those urls change. I use 6 m3u tuners and Emby guide data sources. One tuner each for local media markets Atlanta, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami.  Then two tuners for 'cable providers EPGs' to cover all wanted "cable" channels from my iptv service. So, yes I could, but... normally not likely... exceed my 5 stream from my iptv service with start/end overlapping.