What TV Show you're watching @ the Moment

saajan4u

saajan4u

Not bad quality.. Only thing it's has a hardcoded writing says promotional only on the bottom but doesn't get in the way..

saajan4u

Since the end of Game Of Throanes I cant seem to get in to anything at the moment..

what guys in to at the moment?

care to share?

shaefurr

Can't wait for the next season of GoT. I just started Hemlock Grove which is interesting, werewolf turning scene is pretty nasty :o Both seasons are on Netflix to stream.

If you're into sword & sorcery type stuff, Legend of the Seeker was freakin awesome (based on the sword of truth books by Terry Goodkind), one of my favorite shows ever. Sad it got cancelled after only 2 seasons. Or you can try Merlin, it was a great BBC show if you dont mind the not so great special fx.

swhitmore

Halt and Catch Fire

Extant

True Blood (long past its best, only watch through habit now)

The Leftovers (Christopher Eccleston is very good in this)

+1 For Extant. Looks really promising.

Cheesegeezer

Suits..... S04 has all gone pete tong, just finished Davinci' demons S02 - really like that and finished Arrow S02 - its not as strong as it first started out. Trying to get back into Homeland but struggling with season 02.

• Like 1

saajan4u

Got bored of suits after season 3 and need to get back in to banshee again.. I find it really hard to watch TV cos I keep falling asleep

fantaxp7

I just started watching Fargo and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. Didn't think it'd be that good but wow...solid show. 

• Like 1

Macburp

Halt and Catch Fire

Extant

True Blood (long past its best, only watch through habit now)

The Leftovers (Christopher Eccleston is very good in this)

shaefurr

I loved the pilot of The Flash. I really liked they used the original 90s flash to play Barrys dad in the new series. (John Wesley Shipp)

• Like 1

techywarrior

Getting pretty tired of most of the crap on TV. Been watching a lot of animes and Soap (great show from the late 70's)

techywarrior

Yeah Fargo was amazing. Sad it was only 10 episodes.

I don't know. I think one of the biggest issues in modern TV is that shows tend not to have any real direction after 1-2 seasons. I believe that this is largely due to the studios only green lighting one season at a time for most shows. It's like, you write a great season, at the end you get picked up for another, and now you have to scramble to create something great again. But without knowing you were going to have a second season you may have wrapped up some stuff prematurely. This is exacerbated the longer the show runs in my opinion.

Very few shows seem to have a well thought out arc that encompasses it's entire run.

I feel that British TV has less of an issue with this as it often appears that their shows are given the time they need. This is probably due to the BBC being funded by public money (less reliance on ratings).

I'd much rather watch a show that I know is going to be a finite duration. It also depends on the type of show. Sitcoms don't really need a lot to hold them together where as dramas need a solid main arc and mini arcs each season (in my opinion).

Perhaps the rise of "cord cutters" and the fall of the standard network model will change/fix this as companies like Netflix and Amazon can pay for shows that may otherwise get canceled.

buddyweiser

WWhat's the quality like?

The one on tpb is SD, as it was just a demo or something.
  • Like 1

AdrianW

I just discovered the UK comedy "Fresh Meat" which is about Uni students living in a share house. It's kind of in the same vein as Skins.

I also just finished Fargo - which was definitely worth watching, especially if you liked the movie.

And Masters of Sex just started season 2 - this is another great show, don't let the subject matter (or title) put you off checking it out.

And coming up in a couple of months is Gotham - check out the trailer.

House of Cards, season 1. 

I went into it not expecting too much but now I really like it.

Redshirt

The Last Ship

Underthe Dome

Falling Skies

I've watched falling skies since the pilot. The show isn't terrible, but it feels like they are just firing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. No real goal. This new season started really disjointed. Writers seem to like doing that lately. Continuum was the same. I don't think it's creative to alienate your viewers.

• Like 1

BATTLE DONKEY

Now that the latest season of 24 is over I've started a retro binge, watching Tales From The Crypt, and probably have a few other long over TV shows from the 90's I want to rewatch again. Newsradio, Titus are the first that come to mind.

I also just got the first few seasons of Boardwalk Empire and want to watch them but not sure when yet

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

Swynol

if you like The killing or The Bridge check out Hinterland - there's 2 versions one english and one in Welsh with english subs. Season 2 is being filmed at the moment.