[SOLVED] Some movies have disappeared...sort of

MickeyRat

MickeyRat

I have a library that should have 902 movies in it.  The movies are in separate folders as recommended in the docs.  When I use the movies view, the library shows 898 movies.  When I switch to folder view, it shows 902 movies.  I happened to have run across one of the missing movies and it is playable from the folder view.  I haven't identified the others.  I do have a theory about what has happened.

I don't recall doing anything special to identify this movie when I put it in and it has metadata.  That means when I put it in, it was in TheMovieDB with the title I used.  However, the original title for the movies was different.  Now the original title is the only title the movie has in TheMovieDB.  That might have something to do with the confusion.

I haven't done it yet but, I'm fairly certain that I can re-add it with the title TheMovieDB is currently using and get it to show up in the movie view.  What I don't know is how to find the other movies that are missing.

I'm a retired DBA so I'm not afraid to dig around in the database should that be necessary.  I see mention in the forum of EmbyReports but, I haven't found much information about that.  If I can get the movie view list in a text file I can use diff to identify the missing movies.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by MickeyRat
Mark as solved

MickeyRat

Never mind.  I found the reporting plugin.  It took grep and some fancy data massaging to get to where I could compare directories but, I was able to do it.  I'm not entirely sure why that movie wasn't showing up but, it shows up now that I put it back in.  I was able to identify the other 3 folders and they were stuff left over from when I moved a bunch of stuff to another library.  I've cleaned that up and it's all good.