FireTV multiple servers issues

yaksplat

yaksplat

The only thing that i can think of is that the server name isn't resolving.  But then after a timeout, it should go to the settings screen to allow for a change.  But the app isn't programmed to do that, or it's failing.

Have you tried removing the network to see what happens on that screen?

yaksplat

Okay, more weirdness:

Full factory reset on a FireTV.  Installed the App from scratch and i start it up and i get..... The same exact screen on the first post.  Never entered any address.

Checked the logs and i see this, and only this to the IP of the FireTV

Line 22669: 2020-07-17 16:11:18.544 Info App: Udp message sent to 192.168.1.189:39087
    Line 22670: 2020-07-17 16:11:18.547 Info App: Udp message sent to 192.168.1.189:39087
    Line 22672: 2020-07-17 16:11:19.686 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.189. Time: 1ms. http://192.168.1.151:8096/emby/system/info/public?format=json

So a 200, but still nothing.

I reboot emby server and everything works again.  All of the FireTvs/FireSticks are operational.  I honestly don't know what was wrong there.  But it all started with a second server.  All other clients could jump back and forth between servers with no issues. 

34 minutes ago, yaksplat said:

I reboot emby server and everything works again.  All of the FireTvs/FireSticks are operational.  I honestly don't know what was wrong there. 

My guess is the same as it originally was - the IP address being reported to the app was incorrect and re-booting the server caused it to re-query and fix itself.

I'll have to look into making the app handle this situation better.  It should not have been trying to auto-connect to your server.

• Like 1

That's certainly what it sounds like and what the indications were.

yaksplat
54 minutes ago, ebr said:

My guess is the same as it originally was - the IP address being reported to the app was incorrect and re-booting the server caused it to re-query and fix itself.

I'll have to look into making the app handle this situation better.  It should not have been trying to auto-connect to your server.

But how would that happen with a static IP? No changes since last year.

18 hours ago, yaksplat said:

But how would that happen with a static IP? No changes since last year.

We cannot be sure exactly what happened but there is the IP address and then there is what Emby knows (or thinks it knows) is the IP address.

All the symptoms you described pointed to Emby thinking the IP address was something other than it really was.