New Problem: Every 2 hours or so , emby stop working !

Mohammednt0
Go to solution Solved by Mohammednt0,

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Moved topic

52 minutes ago, Mohammednt0 said:

PLEASE provide the link when you move the topic so i can follow the issue

@Abobader shouldn't the OP be notified when their post is moved?

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@Abobader shouldn't the OP be notified when their post is moved?

It was not add back as Mod's action notify was not build in the default forum, I will add this back later this week.

• Thanks 2

We're waiting on you to tell us how things are working after doing what Luke asked you to do which was

"Please try removing the CoverArt and ScripterX plugins, then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks."

Mohammednt0
31 minutes ago, cayars said:

We're waiting on you to tell us how things are working after doing what Luke asked you to do which was

"Please try removing the CoverArt and ScripterX plugins, then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks."

luke answered another user who was facing another problem, also i did not installed CoverArt and ScripterX plugins

my problem is different, the entire emby server will stop working after few hours and all the apps on the network will not be able to connect !!, and i have to shutdown/exit Emby and re-open it again many times every day, also i noticed that when this problem happen, there is no EmbyServer.exe in the task manager, even embytray.exe does not have icon !!,

Taskmgr_okM7hNX1rG.png.a9460957b34de0a5ae556a9ed8ee72bc.png

i attached the logs,  please advise... thanks

embyserver (1).txt hardware_detection-63730189935 (1).txt embyserver-63730189917 (1).txt hardware_detection-63730189700 (1).txt embyserver-63730189677 (1).txt

Edited by Mohammednt0

Mohammednt0

New Update, i was able to recreate the problem any time i want by using a bat file,

i just created a new bat file and i wrote the below line and saved it

TASKKILL /F /IM EmbyServer.exe

when ever i run the bat file, the problem will directly show up !!,

i think emby shutdown it self automatically and i don't know why ! ? and it seems that there is some process still running in the background as you see in the picture

Taskmgr_okM7hNX1rG.png.211303c67b9dfe889b8accdc2166d6bb.png

Edited by Mohammednt0

Sorry, I thought Luke was talking to you. My bad.

I'm confused what you're asking or getting at.

If you don't see EmbyServer.exe running in the task list then your Emby server is off line.  Why would you want to kill it with a batch file? You can also kill it with a right click in task manager and choosing the kill option.

Mohammednt0
9 minutes ago, cayars said:

Sorry, I thought Luke was talking to you. My bad.

I'm confused what you're asking or getting at.

If you don't see EmbyServer.exe running in the task list then your Emby server is off line.  Why would you want to kill it with a batch file? You can also kill it with a right click in task manager and choosing the kill option.

please read the problem again to understand the issue:

my problem is different, the entire emby server will stop working after few hours and all the apps on the network will not be able to connect !!, and i have to shutdown/exit Emby and re-open it again many times every day, also i noticed that when this problem happen, there is no EmbyServer.exe in the task manager, even embytray.exe does not have icon !!,

then  i said i was able to recreate the problem

New Update, i was able to recreate the problem any time i want by using a bat file,

i just created a new bat file and i wrote the below line and saved it

TASKKILL /F /IM EmbyServer.exe

when ever i run the bat file, the problem will directly show up !!,

then i came up with a theory that says

i think emby shutdown it self automatically and i don't know why ! ? and it seems that there is some process still running in the background as you see in the picture

is there any idea why this happens to my emby server is there any solution for this issue?

Got ya.  So Emby is crashing.

Take a look at Event Viewer and see if anything is mentioned there.

Run Chkdks on all drives attached to the computer.  

Check to see if you have all the latest windows updates especially drivers.

Try doing an Emby install right on top of your existing system (while it's shut down).

If you have any firewalls, security programs running on this PC besides MS Defender try turning this off.

Emby is very good at catching errors and logging them so when you see the occasional crash it's usually caused by hardware issue or OS related issues.

After doing this please post your server log the next time this happens (if it does).  Try and describe what the server was doing when it crashed.  The logs may not have flushed themselves so we might not know exactly what was going on.

11 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi.  This is going to be key.  Windows Event Viewer should be capturing whatever the crash is.

Mohammednt0
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This is going to be key.  Windows Event Viewer should be capturing whatever the crash is.

20 hours ago, cayars said:

Got ya.  So Emby is crashing.

Run Chkdks on all drives attached to the computer.  

Check to see if you have all the latest windows updates especially drivers.

Try doing an Emby install right on top of your existing system (while it's shut down).

If you have any firewalls, security programs running on this PC besides MS Defender try turning this off.

Emby is very good at catching errors and logging them so when you see the occasional crash it's usually caused by hardware issue or OS related issues.

After doing this please post your server log the next time this happens (if it does).  Try and describe what the server was doing when it crashed.  The logs may not have flushed themselves so we might not know exactly what was going on.

i don't have any firewalls, or security programs

i already Run Chkdks on all drives.  

if i  install emby right on top of my existing system will my data, libraries, and settings be safe ?!

strange !!, it seems that Windows Event Viewer is not working and its broken ! i can't see any log for Windows Event Viewer

mmc_U0xGZnSyYd.thumb.png.2fff7b187257c7febd2e8d9e89129096.png

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Mohammednt0 said:

if i  install emby right on top of my existing system will my data, libraries, and settings be safe ?!

This is really no different then a Emby update as all it will/should do is replace the Emby "system" folder.

But you may have underlying OS issues.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Mohammednt0 said:

i don't have any firewalls, or security programs

i already Run Chkdks on all drives.  

strange !!, it seems that Windows Event Viewer is not working and its broken ! i can't see any log for Windows Event Viewer

mmc_U0xGZnSyYd.thumb.png.2fff7b187257c7febd2e8d9e89129096.png

Actually can you open Event viewer on the local machine as that looks like a remote attempt at the Event Viewer.

Mohammednt0
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Actually can you open Event viewer on the local machine as that looks like a remote attempt at the Event Viewer.

it's not a remote attempt, i will try to re-install emby

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Mohammednt0 said:

it's not a remote attempt, i will try to re-install emby

You should be seeing Event Viewer (local) then.  To me Event Viewer (MSC) would be attempt to connect to a remote computer.  But I could be wrong.  But I can get that exact error message trying to connect to another machine as I have not changed policies to make it work in Windows 10.

If you can't open event viewer on the local machine that is systematic of problems with the OS or hardware itself.

Mohammednt0
2 hours ago, cayars said:

If you can't open event viewer on the local machine that is systematic of problems with the OS or hardware itself.

after running SFC command windows event viewer worked again, i got the below error reports from event viewer,  please advise

- <System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-14T23:03:51.390509200Z" />
  <EventRecordID>24597</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-QOIAC6V</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application: EmbyServer.exe CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.20201 .NET Core Version: 3.1.4 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.SocketStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.OnReadInternal(IAsyncResult ares) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped) at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pNativeOverlapped)</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-14T23:03:52.144839100Z" />
  <EventRecordID>24598</EventRecordID>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-QC6V</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>EmbyServer.exe</Data>
  <Data>4.4.3.0</Data>
  <Data>5e9fbf92</Data>
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>10.0.18362.815</Data>
  <Data>b89efff3</Data>
  <Data>e0434352</Data>
  <Data>000000000003a799</Data>
  <Data>ea0</Data>
  <Data>01d65a0f9bfaa4d4</Data>
  <Data>C:\Users\AbAbs\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>b6ab3d23-998f-477b-b223-d459241f599e</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Those could have been from the kill command.

Clear out the Event viewer.

Then next time Emby Server stops running, go to the event viewer and post this again.

This way we don't send the devs looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

Mohammednt0
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

Those could have been from the kill command.

Clear out the Event viewer.

Then next time Emby Server stops running, go to the event viewer and post this again.

This way we don't send the devs looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

thanks i'll do it

Edited by Mohammednt0

Mohammednt0

here it is

Application: EmbyServer.exe CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.20201 .NET Core Version: 3.1.4 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.SocketStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.OnReadInternal(IAsyncResult ares) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped) at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pNativeOverlapped)

10 minutes ago, Mohammednt0 said:

here it is

Please switch to the detail view for that event, expand any sections and copy that here as well.

Thanks

Mohammednt0
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

Please switch to the detail view for that event, expand any sections and copy that here as well.

Thanks

check here 

- <System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-15T12:35:35.820961600Z" />
  <EventRecordID>24740</EventRecordID>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-QOIAC6V</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application: EmbyServer.exe CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.20201 .NET Core Version: 3.1.4 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.SocketStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.OnReadInternal(IAsyncResult ares) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped) at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pNativeOverlapped)</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

is this ok ?

7 minutes ago, Mohammednt0 said:

check here 

Couple of quick questions for you.

Is there only 1 IP address on this machine?

Are you running any security software of any kind besides Microsoft Defender on the server?

Any QOS involved in your home network?

Are you using any apps outside of Emby that need or use the Emby API?

Do you know what apps were connected to your server when it crashed?

Edited by cayars