New Problem: Every 2 hours or so , emby stop working !

Mohammednt0
Go to solution Solved by Mohammednt0,

Mohammednt0

one more thing i can't reinstall emby ? i downloaded the setup file i tried to reinstall it but it gave me the below error 

chrome_0GGEYC18NV.png.98db3ef3937ccddfd7348e9b80bb9161.png

i tried to check which process is that but found nothing 

Mohammednt0
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Couple of quick questions for you.

Is there only 1 IP address on this machine?

Are you running any security software of any kind besides Microsoft Defender on the server?

Any QOS involved in your home network?

Are you using any apps outside of Emby that need or use the Emby API?

Do you know what apps were connected to your server when it crashed?

# yes there is only one ip address

# no, i'm only using Microsoft Defender

#No. i don 't use QOS 

# no i'm using only Emby

# Emby ios and android apps

Thank you. That makes it much simpler.

Edited by cayars

Mohammednt0
2 hours ago, Mohammednt0 said:

one more thing i can't reinstall emby ? i downloaded the setup file i tried to reinstall it but it gave me the below error 

chrome_0GGEYC18NV.png.98db3ef3937ccddfd7348e9b80bb9161.png

i tried to check which process is that but found nothing 

ok i closed all the opened programs then i tried again and it worked, i was able to install the emby again lets see if this will solve the problem

Mohammednt0
5 hours ago, Mohammednt0 said:

ok i closed all the opened programs then i tried again and it worked, i was able to install the emby again lets see if this will solve the problem

no, this did not solve the problem, any advise ?

chrome_8AwkWypmEE.thumb.png.9a4048e051ef2c3ad66c6f9dd81a7129.png

Mohammednt0

here

- <System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-16T10:08:44.992828700Z" />
  <EventRecordID>24783</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-QOIAC6V</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application: EmbyServer.exe CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.20201 .NET Core Version: 3.1.4 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.SocketStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.OnReadInternal(IAsyncResult ares) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped) at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pNativeOverlapped)</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

and here

- <System>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-16T06:44:33.288783700Z" />
  <EventRecordID>24782</EventRecordID>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-QOIAC6V</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application: EmbyServer.exe CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.20201 .NET Core Version: 3.1.4 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.SocketStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.OnReadInternal(IAsyncResult ares) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped) at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pNativeOverlapped)</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Mohammednt0
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Make sure your Windows is completely up to date...

my windows is already up to date

Mohammednt0

i tried everything, the problem still not solved, every 1 or 2 or 3 hours or so emby server will shutdown it self !!

one more thing i noticed that the problem started after i updated emby server so maybe if i used the older version things will work right, maybe the new updated version of emby is the problem, so how i can download the older version ? i just checked the below link and found only the newest version !?

https://emby.media/windows-server.html

so where i can download Emby old versions ?

Edited by Mohammednt0

Hi.  We don't supply old versions but this has got to be an environmental issue (or very narrow situation) or we would have half the users in here reporting this problem.  Have you tried a complete re-install?

As a test, can you try removing the dlna and port mapper plugins, then restart the server and see if it helps? Thanks.

Mohammednt0
On 7/20/2020 at 11:44 PM, Luke said:

As a test, can you try removing the dlna and port mapper plugins, then restart the server and see if it helps? Thanks.

i just did that and it didn't work, !!

Mohammednt0

i just paid $119 for Emby Premiere and now i can't use it anymore !!

in order to make emby work correctly, i just wasted more than 4 hours in re-installing a fresh windows, FOR NOTHING !, 

its unusable every hour or so emby server will shutdown it self

i must close & start Emby server manually to make it work

Now my windows is fresh & clean there is no issues with my windows,

this problem happened after your update, something wrong with your software !

Emby was working perfectly then you did something that broke the software,

i'm not able to scan my libraries correctly, i'm not able to watch my media !!

please advise

Edited by Mohammednt0

Mohammednt0

from the event viewer i keep getting .NET Runtime Error, Emby logs are attached, please advise

- <System>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-23T01:25:10.2399253Z" />
  <EventRecordID>1955</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
  <Computer>DESKTOP-ECA03VM</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

embyserver (1).txt embyserver-63731080159.txt hardware_detection-63731072323.txt hardware_detection-63731080185.txt

Mohammednt0
1 minute ago, Mohammednt0 said:

i keep seeing this in the event viewer log "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host what"

dose that mean, something closed the connection remotely ?

is it possible that emby android app is closing my server remotely ! 

or it means that the windows it self closed the connection ?

Can we schedule a time tomorrow (Wednesday) so I can remote into your system along with you being there and we can take a look at a few things?

We'll be able to chat while doing this to get a better understanding of your setup as well.

If you want to do this send me a PM with a preferred time (EST) and I'll send you instructions for setting up TeamViewer.

PS copy the address for this thread and include it in the PM.

Edited by cayars

Mohammednt0
22 hours ago, cayars said:

Can we schedule a time tomorrow (Wednesday) so I can remote into your system along with you being there and we can take a look at a few things?

We'll be able to chat while doing this to get a better understanding of your setup as well.

If you want to do this send me a PM with a preferred time (EST) and I'll send you instructions for setting up TeamViewer.

PS copy the address for this thread and include it in the PM.

i would appreciate it, also one more thing, i noticed a strange thing, after a fresh windows install emby gave me less errors ! before, emby needs to be closed and restart at least 15 times a day ! to work properly, now only 2 times !

Edited by Mohammednt0

Shoot me a PM anytime tomorrow and we'll do this.

When you PM me, copy the URL above to the PM so I've got this thread as a reference.

Carlo

wsramahi

Hello,

This issue is an old one which we are still facing with no proper solution from emby team, most likely if a network socket was active on a failing network card with a bad driver it keeps happening, this is happening all the time on our Enterprise network  when ever a user pause a stream and left it for a long time then emby server becomes crazy crashing.

currently 1 server out of 3 keep doing this all the time, even not a single log for which user session caused it, which make tracing the issue is impossible.

if its a hardware fault and there is no blame on emby server , at least this error or an generic error handler should be implemented to prevent a complete crash for emby!

Edited by wsramahi