Freenas Libraries

jerren
Go to solution Solved by MRobi,

jerren

Sooo another weird thing happening. I'm trying to set up Emby on my Freenas 11.3 nas and i was able to do it in the past (installed and added multiple libraries before 3+times). So i know how it works and that it does indeed work. 

However. I tried to do a fresh install because i had been messing with permissions on the jail for it and so on (see my other topic)  and i wanted to avoid messing anything up (i know how ironic that seems now 😛 ). So the problem is that when adding a library it says my /media folder (screenshot 1 mediapath) but normally in the past it let me select the correct subfolder. For example for making a movies library i selected /media and could then select /Films (the subfolder for my movies). Now it doesn't show anything to select in that folder, however when i click in the folderpath i get to see my subfolders in /media (screenshot 2) which leads me to believe Emby should be able to see it. However when i click on "/media/Films" because that's the moviepath for the movielibrary i get an error "The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again". (screenshot 3)

I have no idea how this suddenly didn't work anymore but i tried over and over and it still won't let me add libraries like it did in the past. Figuring there might have been an update or something to the plugin in the background, maybe there was a different way to do what i was trying to do. So i found a topic where makarai has made 2 pdf's for people who want to install the plugin on freenas. I tried option nr 2 since i didn't mind making a user just for Emby. Aaaand i got the exact same result.

So i'm at a loss now why this is the case. It's my understanding that it should work, simply because it has worked on this system in the past. 

1 mediapath.JPG

2 mediapath+filestructure.JPG

3 Error.JPG

• Solution
MRobi

It looks like either a mount issue or a permissions issue. What you're seeing when you type could be populated from your browser cache. If you visually scroll through the folder and you can't see anything they are either a) not mounted in the right spot or b) you don't have permission to read the files. Mounting has always been the easy part, permissions have always been more complicated.

Fortunately, permissions in 11.3 are now incredibly easy. Check this post out:

• Thanks 2

jerren

That helped indeed, i thought creating the emby user would have been enough. Thanks alot for relieving some off the headache! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1