Emby Misbehaving

raevengel

raevengel

Hello,

I’m having a few issues with Emby. I’ve worked hard on my current install making all the images and metadata correct. I have all data and images being saved into the media folders. Everything was pretty much setup when suddenly, all my movies had no images showing at all (oddly descriptions/metadata is fine, it’s only the images that seem to be the problem. I can’t figure out what’s wrong and can’t seem to sort this out without overwriting all the custom metadata, too. The images are in fact, in the folders (I checked) but Emby isn’t actually pulling/viewing them from within the folders. This happened suddenly, with no warning and no changes made. Secondly, many of the actors/other cast/crew are not showing up correctly. Where an image should be, there’s an empty placeholder. This time rather than being all of the actors/cast/crew, it’s just a random few. When I do a force refresh and let it replace images, it will fix it but I cannot seem to do this on a larger scale - I’m having to refresh one person at a time, over and over and over again.

Second piece, I’m also in the process of moving my Emby install to a new distro (I’m having too many problems with my current distro). Everything is pretty much installed (though I had a terrible time being able to have the server actually show up). Now that I have, I noticed that Emby isn’t pulling the data from my local folders. In fact, in many cases, it’s overwriting all the data I worked so hard to get right. I followed the instructions (installed Emby, setup a new server, added my Emby Premiere, installed the Emby Backup plugin, grabbed the previous backup and used it on the new Emby Server). However, I can’t figure out why it’s pulling data from the internet first and actually wrecking a ton of work that I’ve done on fixing many of the titles. Emby is doing this by overwriting the images and even metadata that is stored in the media folders. It’s like it’s ignoring that data and I don’t know why. Worse than ignoring it, it’s overwriting it so that all the days of work that I’ve done, I’ve completely lost. 

Any help would be really appreciated. I’d love to not only fix these problems but understand why it’s actually doing them. Thanks so much in advance!a

@cayars

Emby isn’t pulling the data from my local folders

Hi there, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

Following along to get further information.  Can you provide a couple of pics showing what you are referring to picture wise?

Do you have your graphics stored with the media?

Happy2Play
19 hours ago, raevengel said:

Hello,

I’m having a few issues with Emby. I’ve worked hard on my current install making all the images and metadata correct. I have all data and images being saved into the media folders. Everything was pretty much setup when suddenly, all my movies had no images showing at all (oddly descriptions/metadata is fine, it’s only the images that seem to be the problem. I can’t figure out what’s wrong and can’t seem to sort this out without overwriting all the custom metadata, too. The images are in fact, in the folders (I checked) but Emby isn’t actually pulling/viewing them from within the folders. This happened suddenly, with no warning and no changes made. Secondly, many of the actors/other cast/crew are not showing up correctly. Where an image should be, there’s an empty placeholder. This time rather than being all of the actors/cast/crew, it’s just a random few. When I do a force refresh and let it replace images, it will fix it but I cannot seem to do this on a larger scale - I’m having to refresh one person at a time, over and over and over again.

Second piece, I’m also in the process of moving my Emby install to a new distro (I’m having too many problems with my current distro). Everything is pretty much installed (though I had a terrible time being able to have the server actually show up). Now that I have, I noticed that Emby isn’t pulling the data from my local folders. In fact, in many cases, it’s overwriting all the data I worked so hard to get right. I followed the instructions (installed Emby, setup a new server, added my Emby Premiere, installed the Emby Backup plugin, grabbed the previous backup and used it on the new Emby Server). However, I can’t figure out why it’s pulling data from the internet first and actually wrecking a ton of work that I’ve done on fixing many of the titles. Emby is doing this by overwriting the images and even metadata that is stored in the media folders. It’s like it’s ignoring that data and I don’t know why. Worse than ignoring it, it’s overwriting it so that all the days of work that I’ve done, I’ve completely lost. 

Any help would be really appreciated. I’d love to not only fix these problems but understand why it’s actually doing them. Thanks so much in advance!a

@cayars

The cast and crew issue is more then likely the url Emby has from TMDB has been delete on their site.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85812-artistsactors-images-disappeared-randomly

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85934-corrupte-images

Possible solution depending on if plugin works on your OS

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86323-tmdb-corrupt-image-fix-plugin-for-windows-10

• 2 weeks later...