EZEd

Pluto TV xml guide resource

sfatula
Posted (edited)

I don't see any evidence of that. Most every discontinuity case is either dropped or ignored. Not sure why. The guy who made the original patch did so 2.5 years ago, 5 months ago, someone responded with can you instead post it here (uh, they could move it). He never responded, and, likely is long gone. The other cases seem to have died. 

In order for this to work in Emby, I'd need for m3u streams to be routed through ffmpeg with the -force_dts_monotonicity flag, I don't see a way for me to do that. Thus, I had to go down the road of finding another program to capture the stream without aborting. streamlink does so and I like it anyway so I'm using it, vlc does not work, ffmpeg gives up here and there for some reason but have not tried the flag (but am going to shortly), youtube-dl dies, all proxies like xteve eventually hang or get out of whack, etc. In all cases, they use ffmpeg anyway so it's not surprising. Even if I replace ffmpeg used by xteve with my custom version, and, add the flag, xteve keeps going but emby can't handle the relayed discontinuity so it still doesn't help. 

In the end, I didn't need live play, I wanted to record things. So, that I can't get Emby to use my version with the flag doesn't matter very much. 

Edited by sfatula

Luke

We'll take a look at it, thanks.

sfatula

No problem. For now, code works fine. I use Emby guide to create a timer just like with OTA channels, and, it gets recorded via my external tool and Emby API, etc. Lots of steps, cancel timer, schedule for later, etc., but pretty simple overall. Working great! Glad to have the API, it was flexible enough to allow adding an external recorder into the process. 

EZEd

@sfatula, do you think your method above will be repeatable and stable enough to ever turn into an official Emby plugin? There are a few things on PlutoTV that I would like to expose to the Emby DVR capability but without having reliable guide data it's pretty useless right now.  Let us know if this is something that can be wrapped into a plugin.

Thx

sfatula
Posted (edited)

The only way you could ever play Pluto TV and record it inside Emby would be with the ffmpeg patch I noted applied. I just have it recording (scheduled within Emby, but done outside of Emby using php, xteve, and streamlink on Linux), made no effort to play within Emby. Though, I do have the guide within emby (12 hours). I can't see plugin technique working any time soon. There are m3u files out there for PlutoTV on the internet if you just want the guide, refreshed a few times a day. 

Edited by sfatula

Luke

We're going to be revamping our streaming from m3u sources in the near future to not use ffmpeg (when possible), so this should be a moot point at that time.

• Like 1

sfatula

Sounds like it may have a chance to work better then, great!

• Like 1

EZEd

Thanks Luke