Is it completely mapping my profile???

LastDeuS

LastDeuS

First wanted to say hi I jsut started trying MediaBrowser (former serviio user)

I wanted to make sure the server was assigning teh correct profile to my Sony TV XBR 65X900A

I edited the XML using an editor cuz I couldn't find a way to do this correctly using the web interface.

So here is the log before the edit:

2014-07-16 01:47:42.9922 Debug - Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will be used. User-agent: UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50.
2014-07-16 01:47:42.9922 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Control request
    Headers: X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info=pa="BRAVIA XBR-65X900A";, X-AV-Client-Info=av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA XBR-65X900A"; mv="1.7";, SOAPACTION="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#GetSortCapabilities", Content-Length=280, Content-Type=text/xml; charset="utf-8", Host=10.1.10.27:8096, User-Agent=UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50

And here is the Log after the edit:

2014-07-16 02:50:06.1789 Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: Sony Bravia (2013)
2014-07-16 02:50:06.1789 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Control request
    Headers: X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info=pa="BRAVIA XBR-65X900A";, X-AV-Client-Info=av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA XBR-65X900A"; mv="1.7";, SOAPACTION="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#GetSortCapabilities", Content-Length=280, Content-Type=text/xml; charset="utf-8", Host=10.1.10.27:8096, User-Agent=UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50

OK it seems liek everything should be fine BUT there is no difference between the before and the after :(

I still get No subtitle support and No thumbnail display on the TV I can only play every file(same as always)

I assume the profile is loaded and compatible with my TV since I can REMOTE control it from the server (Nice feature btw)

PLZ is there a source to add so I can download subtitles from opensubtitles.org or similar while updating the metadata ???

I can see at the Metadata Editor that the external subtitle that I have at every folder, by the side of the video file is detected but not played by the TV.

I think we already have a bravia profile. What changes did you make?

As far as thumbnails and subs, I don't think we have anyone on our dev team with a Sony so we just haven't tested them yet. Perhaps there is still some work needed there.

We do support these features, and if you test with say, bubble upnp on android they'll work. But we need to learn why they're not on your device.

• Like 1

LastDeuS

I think we already have a bravia profile. What changes did you make?

As far as thumbnails and subs, I don't think we have anyone on our dev team with a Sony so we just haven't tested them yet. Perhaps there is still some work needed there.

We do support these features, and if you test with say, bubble upnp on android they'll work. But we need to learn why they're not on your device.

Yes there is a Bravia Profile But same as Plex, Mediabrowser it deos not detect latest Bravia models, so I have to manually edit the XML with my TV info and create a user profile.

This is what I did:

<FriendlyName>

.*XBR-\d{2}[X][5689]\d{2}A.*

<HttpHeaderInfo name="X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info" value=".*XBR-\d{2}[X][5689]\d{2}A.*" match="Regex"/>

Those are the changes to get my TV mapped to a profile (2013 Sony) in this case.

Ok the subs are working with every other app from iphone and the Web based UI but the TV does not get them nor the thumbs either.

This TV gets subs and Thumbs with "serviio"

It gets subs but no Thumbs with "Plex"

Here I've got no subs or thumbs so far... but this is only my first day here ;)

If you guys have no Bravia to test I'm willing to beta test for you at least this basic features cuz I really like this server.

Thanks. So these changes are not specific to your model are they? In other words, they'll continue to match what was being matched before, along with your model? 

If so then I will add them to the next release.

What you can also do for thumbs that would be very helpful is use fiddler or wireshark to compare the responses that we're sending back vs servioo. Sometimes it all comes down to a missing http header or value in the xml.

LastDeuS

Thanks. So these changes are not specific to your model are they? In other words, they'll continue to match what was being matched before, along with your model? 

If so then I will add them to the next release.

What you can also do for thumbs that would be very helpful is use fiddler or wireshark to compare the responses that we're sending back vs servioo. Sometimes it all comes down to a missing http header or value in the xml.

Correct you would have to try but in theory it should be good for most models, 

I figured I would have to try and sniff that info on the network and also compare the profiles, I wish I had more time for this lol

Anyway if I figure something up I'll let you know cuz I'm with no subs and no thumbs :(