Jump to content
emg456

NextPVR as Emby LiveTV source

Recommended Posts

emg456

After a load of frustration trying to get Emby to do what I want (wake server up, record a programme, let server go back to sleep), I have now installed NextPVR on the same box and handed recording duties over to it.

This has worked flawlessly and reliably so far.

Problem is my Emby Live TV screens have changed. Before, I could go to Live TV, Upcoming, Movies and see a list of posters for all the movies on TV over the next week or so. Similarly for TV Shows. Now I get On Now, Shows and Sports, most of which have no poster art.

To go back to the way it was, it seems I have to install my Hauppauge tuner back into Emby but then Emby wants to do the recordings which takes me back to where I started, missing scheduled recordings for no apparent reason.

Is there a way to use the Emby guide to schedule recordings using NextPVR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arrbee99

Hi. I also use NextPVR plus the plugin and it seems like you can click on 'Shows' and then filter that for 'Movies/Dramas' if that helps, though I don't personally have a filter for just Movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emg456

Ah- excellent- thanks for that @arrbee99

Can I ask, do you have the show/ movie posters coming through into the Emby interface?

They don't all appear for me whereas when I was using the Emby guide, there seemed to be very few failures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadibaJ

Are you using Win TV when using hauppage?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emveepee
13 hours ago, emg456 said:

They don't all appear for me whereas when I was using the Emby guide, there seemed to be very few failures

What is your EPG source and do the images show in NextPVR web?

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arrbee99
19 hours ago, emg456 said:

Ah- excellent- thanks for that @arrbee99

Can I ask, do you have the show/ movie posters coming through into the Emby interface?

They don't all appear for me whereas when I was using the Emby guide, there seemed to be very few failures.

I have a reasonable number. It also seems that everything in NextPVR comes through to Emby. Some will still be wrong and some just don't have an image due to being obscure New Zealand programs and due to program variations e.g. no image for 'My Kitchen Rules: The Rivals' but 'My Kitchen Rules' does have.

And I guess Emby and NextPVR presumably use different sources for guides, so different results.

A general e.g. -

574610664_EmbyexamplehalfemptyOnNow.thumb.JPG.e7b6a599ddf07bbcc2feed357d1a0104.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emg456
On 7/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, MadibaJ said:

Are you using Win TV when using hauppage?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WinTV is installed on the box but I'm using NextPVR to perform the recordings because I can schedule them from Emby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emg456
15 hours ago, emveepee said:

What is your EPG source and do the images show in NextPVR web?

Martin

I don't think I set up a source in NextPVR- I don't have any paid subscription to an EPG source so presumably it's using over the air?

On checking some of the images, if NextPVR is showing them, so is Emby so there is a consistency there. I'm in the UK- what would be the best source to set up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emveepee

Certainly the best source for art in NexPVR is Schedules Direct and well worth a cup of coffee a month. 

If you just want to use NextPVR as an m3u tuner, the Emby TMS provider will give the same metadata in Canada, US and UK included in the Emby subscription. 

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sub3

If you're in the UK, the default DVB EPG should be fine in NextPVR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heuer

I'm in the UK and I could not get the Freesat EPG to reliably populate in NPVR despite various attempts by the developer to fix the problem. It seemed to lose parts of the EPG about 9:00PM every Friday. Data fully re-populates from about 4:00PM on Saturday and selectively for some Channels earlier on.  It seems Freesat changed their way of broadcasting the EPG data and none of the Freesat services on their home transponder have an video/audio pid now which may explain why NPVR does not consistently find the channel. Freesat Info ch 999 was a MHEG help/information channel that had some background music and in December it was replaced with a scaled back service giving the website address. FreesatInformation has Data pids, which may be the replacement service. None of this has affected Humax STB's so the data must be there.

I gave up in the end (no criticism of NPVR or the developer) and subscribed to SD as suggested by @emveepee and it works seamlessly with much enhanced art work, information, advance data and reliability. Can't fault the ethos or principles behind the SD organisation and for £1.50/month it is a bargain. Not a single recording has been missed since subscribing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emg456

@sub3 and @Heuer- thanks.

To be clear, NextPVR has not failed to record something either scheduled from Emby or from itself. I just liked the ability, in Emby, to look at say, all the upcoming movies in a graphical way with the poster art - makes it very easy to spot something you might like to watch.

I have set up Schedules Direct in both NextPVR and Emby and if that works out will definitely take a subscription. For my area I had to pick something called YouView - do you know if that's the same as Freeview?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heuer

'You View' is  a hybrid television platform developed by YouView TV Ltd., a partnership of four broadcasters, the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5; and three telecommunications operators, Arqiva, BT Group and TalkTalk. It is not the same as either Freesat or Freeview. which have a choice of 700 channels rather than the 70 of You View.

I am using Freesat but I guess with a Hauppauge tuner you are using Freeview in the UK. My Schedules Direct setup looks like this:

607888172_Image5.jpg.20d6497fdc864b0476cfc3591a4b01a3.jpg

You need to choose a Freeview region and use SD-JSON for NPVR.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emveepee
On 7/4/2020 at 9:56 PM, sub3 said:

If you're in the UK, the default DVB EPG should be fine in NextPVR. 

Maybe in NextPVR but I will stand with my comment that Schedules Direct is the best source of art for Emby which calls for art on a lot more programs.

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emg456
11 hours ago, Heuer said:

'You View' is  a hybrid television platform developed by YouView TV Ltd., a partnership of four broadcasters, the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5; and three telecommunications operators, Arqiva, BT Group and TalkTalk. It is not the same as either Freesat or Freeview. which have a choice of 700 channels rather than the 70 of You View.

I am using Freesat but I guess with a Hauppauge tuner you are using Freeview in the UK. My Schedules Direct setup looks like this:

607888172_Image5.jpg.20d6497fdc864b0476cfc3591a4b01a3.jpg

You need to choose a Freeview region and use SD-JSON for NPVR.

 

 

Thanks- I've had another look and there are no Freeview lineups in the list. Freesat is there and Youview along with the ususal Sky, Virgin, BT etc. but no Freeview. I'm in central Scotland but I checked with another postcode - Yoprkshire- and the same- no Freeview.

Do you think this is a problem at Schedules Direct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heuer

Providing you have setup NPVR correctly and it identifies your Hauppauge tuner you should be able to map the SD EPG. This link has all the Lineup ID's for the UK transmitters:  https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/transmitters/GBR so you can pick your local transmitter and manually enter the code into NPVR in the Channels page (you may need to use the Advanced options). Failing that maybe you should ask on the NPVR Forums for help in setting up the Hauppauge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emveepee
16 hours ago, emg456 said:

Thanks- I've had another look and there are no Freeview lineups in the list. Freesat is there and Youview along with the ususal Sky, Virgin, BT etc. but no Freeview. I'm in central Scotland but I checked with another postcode - Yoprkshire- and the same- no Freeview.

Do you think this is a problem at Schedules Direct?

Guide data has to match the station not the actual provider.  If the station shows on Youview, Sky etc.  you should be able to use it.

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emg456
5 hours ago, Heuer said:

Providing you have setup NPVR correctly and it identifies your Hauppauge tuner you should be able to map the SD EPG. This link has all the Lineup ID's for the UK transmitters:  https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/transmitters/GBR so you can pick your local transmitter and manually enter the code into NPVR in the Channels page (you may need to use the Advanced options). Failing that maybe you should ask on the NPVR Forums for help in setting up the Hauppauge.

Thanks - looked at that list and I am using the correct feed- Schedules Direct call it YouView instead of Freeview.

Pretty much working now so thanks to all who helped.

Cheers

Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...