J&T2020

J&T2020

J&T2020

Hi,

since the last update, I am unable to use my emby. I have been told to enter the pin when signing in, but every time it’s telling me that my password or username isn’t correct. I have used these details to sign into my account via safari, so know they work. Any help with this would be great. 

Thank you! 

J&T2020

Hi, I am using someone else’s. As I understood, they have to re-connect the server to our account? Am I correct on that? Thank you. 

J&T2020

So, I can sign in on safari, but as soon as I try to enter the pin and sign in, it doesn’t recognise my sign in. So I can’t get my emby to work. 

Are you sure you're using the right credentials? If you can sign into this forum then you should be able to complete the pin code sign in.

@cayars

15 hours ago, J&T2020 said:

So, I can sign in on safari, but as soon as I try to enter the pin and sign in, it doesn’t recognise my sign in. So I can’t get my emby to work. 

What exactly does this mean?

2 hours ago, J&T2020 said:

Yes 100%. I have attempted, so many times, and still havn’t has and success. 

Are you using the same username and password as this forum?

J&T2020

I am using the exact same username and password as I use to sign into this forum, yes. Another family member is also having the same issue and is using the same server as me. 

If that's the case there is likely little we can do to help you as the admin of the system will have to fix their problem.

You could ask them to relink your Emby Connect username.

varix

I'm having the same problem. It doesn't appear to be the outside server that's the issue; it's that I can't log in to Emby Connect. Emby says my password is invalid, and when I click on "forgot password" to try to reset it, I get a message "Please contact your system administrator to reset your password."  I can still access my local Emby server, since that doesn't go through Emby Connect. Also, the username and password still work to log in to the Emby Community.

(I PM'ed Luke about this, but I'm adding here as another data point.)

emby.JPG

emby2.JPG

Edited by varix

Have you disconnected your Emby connect username from the local user on the Emby Server then adding it back?

varix
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you disconnected your Emby connect username from the local user on the Emby Server then adding it back?

Maybe I don't understand the question, but I don't see a setting on my local server for Emby Connect.

From an app (in this case, running on an nVidia Shield), I chose "logout" and then tried to sign into Connect.  It directs me to confirm a PIN online, and it does say "PIN confirmed." But when I click on the outside server in the app, it goes back to the "other options" page, asking me again to log into Connect.

emby3.JPG

varix
20 minutes ago, ebr said:

It isn't his server so he needs to get the server owner to do that.

Right, I now see that under "users"-->edit there is a field for Emby Connect. It was blank, but I tried adding my Emby Connect username there (and saving). I still can't log in to Emby Connect.

emby5.JPG

OK now that you added the Emby Connect username try going here in a web browser and see if you can connect.

http://app.emby.media/

Now keep in mind you have two different users you can connect to the server with.  You have the local user/password as setup on the server.

You also have an Emby Connect username that is connected to that user.

Now you can choose which to use based on if you use Emby Connect login in feature or the "Add Server" method.

varix

No, I still can't sign in to Emby Connect.  It seems this is an Emby Connect account issue, not a server issue.

emby6.JPG

6 minutes ago, varix said:

No, I still can't sign in to Emby Connect.  It seems this is an Emby Connect account issue, not a server issue.

emby6.JPG

That's not the emby connect sign in screen, that's the individual server sign in, so if you're going to use that, you'd sign in with the local server credentials.

varix
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's not the emby connect sign in screen, that's the individual server sign in, so if you're going to use that, you'd sign in with the local server credentials.

OK, clicked on "Login to Emby Connect." It took my username and password as if it were correct, but it then sent me to the "Select Server" page which included "Log in to Emby Connect ," seemingly indicating that I'm not logged in. If I click on the outside server, it takes me to a login page (where it says my username/password are invalid). If I click on the local server, it says "Connection failure."  However, the local server is running, and I"m able to connect to it with the nVidia shield app (or others).

I just tried one other thing. Although the Emby login page wouldn't let me change the password (Clicking on "Forgot password" led to the "Please contact your system administrator to reset your password" message), I was able to change it in the Emby Community profile page.  Unfortunately, while the new password works to log into Emby Community, it still doesn't work for Emby Connect.  They are by definition the same username and password, right?

emby7.JPG

emby8.JPG

emby9.JPG

emby9b.JPG

emby10.JPG

varix

Similarly, in the nVidia Shield app, it seems to show me as logged into Connect (when I click on my username, one of the options is "Logout of Connect.") But if I log out and log back in--via the PIN website, which says the PIN is confirmed--I still get sent to the page requesting that I login to Connect if I choose the outside server.  So it doesn't seem I'm *really* logged into Connect.

Have you setup your server or verified it's working eternally?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

This is a trouble shooting section in that article.

If you would like I can teamview into your PC and give you a hand to check things real quick if you like around 3pm EST if you like.

PM me if you would like to do this.

Edited by cayars

varix

My local server is working fine. I can access it from the nVidia Shield app, from the LG TV app, from my Android phone app, from the Roku app, and from the Amazon FireTV app.  And as for accessing it externally, yes, I can connect to it with the Android phone app with wifi turned off--that is, via the cell network. So no problem there. The only place I can't access it from is https://app.emby.media/#!/startup/selectserver.html.

By the way, Emby Connect was working fine for me for the past year, and I didn't make any changes.