Allow subtitle extraction on the fly

crusher11

All we can tell you is that Emby's log says authentication error.  

What I'd suggest is open a new tab and notepad.  Paste you userid in notepad and paste your password in notepad.  Now highlight the username and paste it in both Emby and the webiste.  Copy and paste the password from notepad to both Emby and the website.  If you can login on the website that says you pasted the correct info.  Thus Emby should also be correct and you can save that as well.

If you get an error after that let us know and maybe one of us can login and take a look with you via TeamViewer.

crusher11

Found the issue.

1. Go to Open Subtitles config.
2. Type in username, paste in password.
3. Press 'Save'.
4. Refresh page, password is now magically longer.

So it's not saving the password I enter, it's saving some other password.

That is not the issue.  Emby does not put a dot per letter as that is not good security.

Instead it will show 14 dots or so regardless of the password you type.

crusher11

Well then I have no idea, but I can log in to the Open Subtitles website by pasting that password in, so it's something Emby's doing.

crusher11

There are 26 dots, for the record. Nowhere near 14 (my original password is only 16 characters anyway, so such a change would've been very difficult to notice).

Please do as asked above in order for us to help you further.

What I'd suggest is open a new tab to the subtitle website and notepad.  Paste you userid in notepad and paste your password in notepad from your password manager so you can see it.  Now highlight the username and paste it in both Emby and the subtitle website.  Copy and paste the password from notepad to both Emby and the website.  If you can login on the website that says you pasted the correct info.  Thus Emby should also be correct and you can save that as well.

Happy2Play

Since this is a Synology, I would assume this is the same as all the other Synology topics with "TrustFailure" errors across almost all external connections via Emby.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Until someone figure out the "TrustFailure" all Emby outgoing connections will continue to fail is my guess.

• Like 1

Put another way. you need to check the username and permission you run Emby under and make sure this user has read/write privs to the media.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
24 minutes ago, cayars said:

Put another way. you need to check the username and permission you run Emby under and make sure this user has read/write privs to the media.

I can assume the error quoted before was from a PM/or removed as the log in this topic has no errors and all external connection appear to be working fine.  So I am guessing it maybe unrelated to the other topics.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

...you've lost me. 

Just trying to figure out what log had that error as the log in post 3 has no errors and all connections are working.

rbjtech

To test - Change the password to something 'simple' that you can type in manually on the PlugIn.  If it then works, then you know the 'copy and paste' from your password manager into the browser is not working correctly for some reason.  It's possible the character set you have used is incompatible with what emby is expecting ?   it maybe adding an extra leading or trialling space or escape characters - I've seen this before. 

Either way, the log is telling you the issue - It's an Authentication failure.

rbjtech
10 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

The same account worked just fine when I had Emby installed on Windows.

I'm not sure how that statement helps you (or us) with resolving this.

Solving problems is about going back to basics to eliminate all the obvious things before delving deeper.

We don't know your password length, complexity, character sets - so there MAY be an issue with emby passing these via the opensubtitle.org API or there may be an issue with the API itself, not accepting your password length for example (but the website is fine).   So to eliminate this - set a password as the minimum length allowed, using the minimum char set (just lowercase letters for example) and see if that helps things.  Do not paste anything into emby - type it directly from the keyboard.  If it still doesn't work - then fine, change it back to the previous password - but we would have then at least eliminated password length or charset as the culprit.

crusher11

The password hasn't changed. If it was an issue with character sets or password length or anything else, it would have failed on the previous install.

rbjtech

ok - if you're not willing to try things then I wish you well.  Unsubscribed.

Spaceboy

Is this the first time you’ve come across crusher? He wants all his very specific requirements and problems resolved while providing absolutely no information whatsoever and being completely unwilling to do anything that might help narrow down a solution.

There’s a reason why no one responds to his threads anymore

Good luck [emoji23]

• Like 1

crusher11
5 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

ok - if you're not willing to try things then I wish you well.  Unsubscribed.

It's a problem that's apparently affecting all users, and didn't occur on the Windows setup. Why would my password specifically be the issue?

Because it's not happening to us and only to you.  Several people have asked you to do very simple things and you seem to want to refuse thinking you do not need to do so because you are pasting the results from a password manager.  Yes your logs clearly tell us it's an authentication issue.

Since you can't change the username the only thing left is to change the password but we haven't even gotten that far since you want do what we ask you to do.

crusher11

Except I have done it. It didn't work. I literally just said that. 

And I don't know why you're saying it's only affecting me if @Happy2Play was saying earlier in the thread that it's a previously reported issue.