Movie Covers

bugmafia007
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Saving them elsewhere is not going to give you the benefit of always having them properly connected even if you build a new server or move the media items.

Personally, I do not consider metadata directly related to the media "junk".  It is very valuable to save that information there so that we don't have to hammer the free metadata providers for it again unnecessarily.

• Like 1

bugmafia007

but it is possible ?

because  want to save them in the same folder no problem ,but instead the art work to be spread all over ,i want to create a new folder named"Media" in my Action Movies folder let's say ,and then all the data to be saved there ..

how can i configured that ?

Thank You

dansblackcat

I don't think you can have separate medadata folders.  I think if you created a 'media' folder in action movies then all data (all movies, tv shows etc) will be saved there.  I could be wrong.

Honestly I highly recommend saving .nfo and images into the respective movie folders.  It barely clutters them up and you'll be happier in the long run.  As mentioned by ebr, if you ever need to build a new server or do a clean install you'll find it much easier and a lot faster.

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, bugmafia007 said:

but it is possible ?

because  want to save them in the same folder no problem ,but instead the art work to be spread all over ,i want to create a new folder named"Media" in my Action Movies folder let's say ,and then all the data to be saved there ..

how can i configured that ?

Thank You

You have a choice of with media or in the servers \metadata location (default or custom path).  But that path can not be part of any library path.

bugmafia007

so now after 48 hours still stuck like this ,is normal ? save.JPG.f1b1417679f5f685bfd576b81992ea76.JPG

Also i attached logs ,can someone please check and tell me that everything its ok ..and maybe give me an estimate time 

Thank You 

embyserver (1).txt

At this point I would cancel both of those tasks.  Then change some of the options we suggested and then re-start your server and start a new library scan.

bugmafia007

did that 48 hours ago ..exactly what u said ..so no need i think

btw do u see something in the logs ?errors?all good ?

It looks like you installed a ton of plug-ins that could be having an impact as well.

GenreCleaner, Statistics, Trakt, Theme videos, several subtitle providers - which appear to be doing searches and failing

And you've got an image extraction task running - kill that it is extremely expensive.

And there is playback activity and other things going on as well during this period.

bugmafia007

Do u know what the image extraction task does ?

i need to run it?or only after the scan is finished?

thank You 

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

thank You 

It is a schedule task that runs daily at 2am with a 4 hour run time limit, unless you have modified the trigger.  The task creates your Chapter/interval images depending on your per library Thumbnail Images settings.

Ideally your should allow your library scan to finish.  I personally disable the option per library until after initial scan has finished.

crusher11

I recently moved my entire server from my PC to my NAS, at which time I had roughly 16TB of files. 

I disabled every task on the Scheduled Tasks page, disabled thumbnail creation, disabled real time monitoring, disabled subtitle downloads. Moved everything over, then scanned. It still took hours. Once that was done I ran the thumbnail task and turned thumbnail creation and real time monitoring back on in the libraries. Since I'm only adding one title at a time now that's still manageable. 

7 hours ago, bugmafia007 said:

thank You 

Question for you.  These 3000 movies reside where?  Same machine as Server, NAS, Google Drive?

bugmafia007

Still i didn't get an answer why is taking so long time ..why plex can do the same thing in 10 min and emby is taking 3 days and still didn't finished ?

Status today (yesterday was at 89.2% ) 

image.thumb.png.d0beb9002a9b9849a56f27eeb6354488.png

ps:i have 1GB\1GB internet ..

What is going on lool 

Edited by bugmafia007

4 hours ago, bugmafia007 said:

Still i didn't get an answer why is taking so long time ..

16 hours ago, ebr said:

It looks like you installed a ton of plug-ins that could be having an impact as well.

GenreCleaner, Statistics, Trakt, Theme videos, several subtitle providers - which appear to be doing searches and failing

And you've got an image extraction task running - kill that it is extremely expensive.

And there is playback activity and other things going on as well during this period.

bugmafia007

I did all of the above ..

1.removed the subs apps ,genrecleaner and trackt is not relevant becuase is not configured 

2.No more image extraction (disabled ) 

3.no more playback ..

But because we are all technical , please i will like to know how the apps installed (that dont do nothing besides http requests ) is affecting the scan ? 

my computer is a monster (16 cores \64 gb ram\1 tb M2 corsair (5000k r\w  \quadro  p2200) and 1 gb\1gb  intenet ...

so how that hardware and bandwidth is not enough to finish a scan in more than 56 hours ?

what's the code difference between emby and plex ? how plex is capable to to the same movies(2000-3000) in 10 min and emby still didnt finished in 56 hours ? 

what logs i need to provide for someone to take a look and point me were is the problem ?because we understand that something is not working good ..and is not my computer or my internet ..

Thank You 

Uninstall GenreCleaner, Statistics, Trakt, Theme videos, several subtitle providers - which appear to be doing searches and failing as advised for diagnostic purposes by ebr.

Emby does a much more in depth scan of files at scan time vs plex who will do a quickscan then later go back and look at every file.  Overall the Emby process when configured correctly is much faster and thorough as well as configurable.

It's taking a long time due to timeouts in requests that aren't completing quickly likely due to unconfigured plugins.

Let concentrate on meat and potatoes to get your files scanned in properly before adding plugins on top.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

removed the subs apps ,genrecleaner and trackt is not relevant becuase is not configured

You uninstalled the Statistics plug-in too, right?

bugmafia007

now i will do that also ..so lets wait 8-12 hours more ..and maybe after if u can , advice me or check again the logs on how to fix my issue ,,

Thank You 

Happy2Play

ps:i have 1GB\1GB internet ..

Internet speed is irrelevant as you can only make so many requests to the provider apis is x amount of time before they will cut you off.

Big difference with Plex is they run there own providers mirror servers also from what I hear.

But is is normal for scans to take this long, but  everyone's setup and structure is different so times will always very.

Edited by Happy2Play

bugmafia007

But my installation and configurations are default for my EMBY ..

The only plugins i install is the subs one ,statistics ,coverart and fantv ...

And i removed  almost most of them now ...

So wait a second ,from what your saying doesn't matter if your computer or internet is high or low ...to be able to add 2000 movies u need to wait more than 3 days ? lool

What needs to be done to be faster ,new code ?new servers ?like plex ?

But emby premiere cost same like plex ? so the money goes in plex for servers lest say ..and in EMBY goes for ?

How a new user that worked with plex for the last 8 years ..and uses EMBY for only 3 days can get a positive feedback and say WOOWOW Emby is a game changer ? 

Dont get me wrong EMBY is like 10 year in the future from PLEX old and slow software (functionality and visual  ) ..but still to be able to enjoy my movies in EMBY i need to wait more than 3 days ? I cannot explain that ...

I love so much the EMBY software,but im a heavy user..soon i need to add another 8000 movies(my full bluray collection that right now is doing convert to mkv )  

What will be then ?8000 movies need to wait 1 month ? 😄

Edited by bugmafia007

bugmafia007
28 minutes ago, cayars said:

Uninstall GenreCleaner, Statistics, Trakt, Theme videos, several subtitle providers - which appear to be doing searches and failing as advised for diagnostic purposes by ebr.

Emby does a much more in depth scan of files at scan time vs plex who will do a quickscan then later go back and look at every file.  Overall the Emby process when configured correctly is much faster and thorough as well as configurable.

It's taking a long time due to timeouts in requests that aren't completing quickly likely due to unconfigured plugins.

Let concentrate on meat and potatoes to get your files scanned in properly before adding plugins on top.

Thanks

Done ...

here are my plugins now ..good?

image.thumb.png.4bb04cd9af3805f8a8dc91d303a4f0bc.png

Happy2Play

Pros and Cons on either side of the coin.  All my media metadata and images with media so all Emby has to do is probe for mediainfo and read existing metadata.  Around a a day and a half.

6500+ movies

800+ Series

Now if I were to get everything from the internet again I would expect about a week.  I don't see it being possible for the other guys to do it in minutes.

bugmafia007
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Pros and Cons on either side of the coin.  All my media metadata and images with media so all Emby has to do is probe for mediainfo and read existing metadata.  Around a a day and a half.

6500+ movies

800+ Series

Now if I were to get everything from the internet again I would expect about a week.  I don't see it being possible for the other guys to do it in minutes.

Now im also doing this for the first time (downloading all the media info ) in my folder movies ...

ps:Plex is doing that in less than 1 hour ..try it ..install add all your movies and see for yourself ....and its doing it with 100% success ..

but still plex looks old and works to slow for 2020 😀