Movie Covers

bugmafia007
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

26 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

Now im also doing this for the first time (downloading all the media info ) in my folder movies ...

ps:Plex is doing that in less than 1 hour ..try it ..install add all your movies and see for yourself ....and its doing it with 100% success ..

but still plex looks old and works to slow for 2020 😀

I was a Plex Ninja and know how Plex works inside and out.  What Plex does up front is about 1/4 of what Emby does during scanning.  Plex runs processes at night that probe the media and get the information useful for streaming media.  So apples and orange comparison between the two.

What I can tell you is that in Emby when it's taking a long time if you look at the log I'm sure you're going to see a lot of ERRORS in the log file which is usually the cause from my experience anyway.

bugmafia007
1 minute ago, cayars said:

I was a Plex Ninja and know how Plex works inside and out.  What Plex does up front is about 1/4 of what Emby does during scanning.  Plex runs processes at night that probe the media and get the information useful for streaming media.  So apples and orange comparison between the two.

What I can tell you is that in Emby when it's taking a long time if you look at the log I'm sure you're going to see a lot of ERRORS in the log file which is usually the cause from my experience anyway.

But my emby works 24\7 lool day and night still too long ...and not to many errors in my logs ..beside subs http request that i cancel them already 

i add the logs already ..u can check 

i reached 94.3% in almost 4 days (2000 movies and 6700 episodes tv series ) ...and i have folders that even didnt start to scan even 1% so i cannot watch even the movie ...  :(

lets see tomorrow ..who knows maybe magic will happened 🤲 

Yes you likely had errors in the logs from running plugins not setup correctly which is why you were asked to remove them.  Emby doesn't know if credentials are wrong for example and will keep trying the same connection over and over.  It assumes the Admin has set it up correctly or it wouldn't be loaded.  

Keep in mind know one is saying this is the problem.  We're just asking they be removed to see if they may be the problem.  

If you want to rotate your log and let it run a few minutes you can post a new log and we can see if there are errors.

We're talking about removing the plugins, restarting Emby server and doing a new scan then posting the NEW log file.

bugmafia007
Just now, cayars said:

We're talking about removing the plugins, restarting Emby server and doing a new scan then posting the NEW log file.

yeah i did that exactly in 30min i will read the logs 

Thank You 

You still have subtitle providers loaded that weren't removed, such as NapiSub & Podnapisi throwing errors.

bugmafia007
1 minute ago, cayars said:

You still have subtitle providers loaded that weren't removed, such as NapiSub & Podnapisi throwing errors.

removed ..restart server ..started agein the scan ..in 30 min new  logs 

Thank You for trying to help me 🖖

Happy2Play

2 hours ago, bugmafia007 said:

Hey ..we moved 3% in 8 hours 😆

image.png.af6b9c937c7e651b9121a49f2ad03cea.png

Well that is one of the biggest issues is that percentage is rather deceiving as it will jump to 90+% in minutes and stay there for hours to days.

Edited by Happy2Play

bugmafia007
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Well that is one of the biggest issues is that percentage is rather deceiving as it will jump to 90+% in minutes and stay there for hours to days.

status now :
image.png.31d8f63837c06f193aaa5d99501633e7.png

Common we can do it ....5.4% left 😁

Happy2Play

😁 We will see where you are at tomorrow 😁

• Like 1

dansblackcat

Someone needs to create a facebook event for this.

• Haha 1

bugmafia007

Good afternoon  Ladies and Gentlemen's ,Status after almost 14 hours:

image.png.27d3cde6cd55f313ef6f2ceab979a9f7.png

1.4% done 🤣🤣🤣

here are the logs ,maybe the one can see something out there in the darkness  😁 

embyserver.txt

Edited by bugmafia007

Spaceboy

There’s nothing to see in the logs. What you are experiencing is entirely expected for the config you have chosen

bugmafia007
3 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

There’s nothing to see in the logs. What you are experiencing is entirely expected for the config you have chosen

lol what im expecting is maybe there is an issue and someone can see the logs..because right now my config is default,no plugins,no special config..just DEFAULT

crusher11

Why do you think there's an issue? Why are you expecting to be able to add almost 9000 files in mere minutes?

bugmafia007
2 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Why do you think there's an issue? Why are you expecting to be able to add almost 9000 files in mere minutes?

why ? 6700 files in 4 days its not ok.....thats why i think there is an issue ...read the comments and what i posted.

Thanks

bugmafia007
2 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

That's over 1500 a day. Why do you think that's slow? 

hmmm because how i wrote before ..if plex is doing all that in less than 1 hour ..i dont see any reason EMBy cannot do it ,emby is much more superior than PLEX..

so from the comments up ,there was some issues ...fix them..so maybe in the new logs someone can see other errors ..

As has been stated multiple times.  Scanning is not the same in Plex and Emby.  Plex will use the file system information to create new files where Emby depending on settings will read in the whole file.  Plex will do the same process sort of in the background over a period of weeks to months during nightly processes to fill in the data it needs to know how/when to transcode.

Besides them both being media servers this is not apples to apples comparison between them but an apple to truck comparison.

@bugmafia007 I'd like to take a quick look at your setup if possible via Teamviewer.  If you could I'd appreciate you downloading and installing TeamViewer then sending me the userid and one time password when you'll be there and we can look at a few things together.  So if you can PM me that info and if needed pick a time EST that we can do it.

bugmafia007
31 minutes ago, cayars said:

As has been stated multiple times.  Scanning is not the same in Plex and Emby.  Plex will use the file system information to create new files where Emby depending on settings will read in the whole file.  Plex will do the same process sort of in the background over a period of weeks to months during nightly processes to fill in the data it needs to know how/when to transcode.

Besides them both being media servers this is not apples to apples comparison between them but an apple to truck comparison.

@bugmafia007 I'd like to take a quick look at your setup if possible via Teamviewer.  If you could I'd appreciate you downloading and installing TeamViewer then sending me the userid and one time password when you'll be there and we can look at a few things together.  So if you can PM me that info and if needed pick a time EST that we can do it.

no problem ..u have some chat like discord ? if no ..make an account is amazing ..

u can find my in discord (Lucius) ..im available now .. 

If we can fix the issue ..champagne on me : )

Becuase i LOVE EMBY!!!LOOKS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG 

Edited by bugmafia007

bugmafia007

Ok..an update .."cayars" connected to my PC and did his magic..now the scan work much faster..😀

Cayars is a:

The Greatest Magician Who Ever Lived Was French | Life in Provence

• Like 2