Transcoding or even pre-conversion is yet inferior to Handbrake at same bit rate?

pedrocpneto

pedrocpneto

Hi, 
I am really appreciating Emby. I have subscribed to Premiere Plan, but there is a little detail what is "fuzzing" me a bit:
When transcode  or have set Emby server to auto-convert a tv show to a low quality (4Mbps), video seems choppy/lower framerate. With handbrake, at same average bitrate, video seems fluently, similar to the source (MPEG-2/DVD Rip).

• 3 weeks later...

Try converting the same exact movie with both Emby's Convert and also with Handbrake.

Now compare file size and bitrate of the video.  Do they compare or is handbrake using a lot more bits?

It quite possible Handbrake is using more bits than Emby so if you like the handbrake version just go customer in Emby and adjust a bit to match.

Mibok

How many audio tracks your movie have? I had encountered before with the detail of emby dividing the bitrate (in your case 4mbps) between all the tracks often leaving the video track with less than the desirable bitrate. While on handbrake you can set the bitrate for each track individually.

Enviado desde mi H3321 mediante Tapatalk