GameBrowser Dreamcast GDI and CHD files

totalhavoc

totalhavoc

I've run into a issue with Gamebrowser and Dreamcast games. I'm using Demul as my Dreamcast emulator and it can play games in CHD or GDI format, example below

CHD: 1 file, Game.CHD (think iso)

GDI: multiple files, Game.GDI (contains track info) and then Game Track1.bin, Game Track2.bin, and so on

When I put games on my NAS in CHD format, the server sees the game but does not pick up the CHD file. Looking at the Library Viewer confirms this. When I put games on my NAS in GDI format, the server picks up the BIN files and ignores the GDI file. In Library Viewer it lists the game as multipart and lists all the BIN files. 

My NAS layout is like this:

\\NAS\SHARE\GameBrowser\Sega Dreamcast\Game\Game.CHD or Game.gdi + track.bin files

Am I doing something wrong? I'd really like to have the games on my NAS as CHD instead of GDI as CHD is compressed and Demul supports them. 

Thanks

totalhavoc

Ok it appears my conversion to CHD did not work. So now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get MediaBrowser to see the GDI file instead of the .BIN files. Any ideas?

techywarrior

Not directly help but have you looked at this thread about converting to CHD on the demul forum? http://www.emutalk.net/threads/51502-GDI-to-CHD

All my games are in CDI so can't really help you a lot. If a new extension needs to be added then Redshirt is going to have to add it to GameBrowser. Not sure if there will be some sort of conflict or not since .bin is also a valid type I think.

totalhavoc

Yeah that is where I got the idea to try a CHD since MB/GB was not seeing the gdi file. His script has been removed but I found a copy of MAMES chdman and direction on using it but for some reason Demul will not read the files... So I'm back at the original problem of MB/GB seeing the BIN files and not the GDI. The Bin files are being passed to Demul instead of the GDI... maybe I can convert to CDI or some other format

totalhavoc

Well after looking all night it appears there is no easy way to convert a gdi/bin image to any other format. All the other formats require manipulation because of size limits, CD 700MB vs GDROM 1GB. So what are the chances we can get MB/GB to support gdi?