Enable Refresh Rate Switching / Match Video Resolution

aja07
Go to solution Solved by rbjtech,

22 minutes ago, supermood said:

wheres the setting? not in devices.theres only a name... 

There's no setting to control the refresh rate when just browsing around the UI. The device you're using manages that.

supermood

yes sorry! I was about to write in that sec. the device setting somehow changed to 4k30 don't know why. no emby issue. happy weekend! 

• Thanks 1

BalthazarBux
38 minutes ago, supermood said:

wheres the setting? not in devices.theres only a name... 

the device itself is set to fix 4k23 and 444 bt10 was it if I remember correctly. should be like this someone told me. it's not a shield. 3mhy seems to overwrite it with the menu to 4k30

thanks! 

Nah, that setting is in your device. (Fire Stick, Nvidia Shield, TV for example)

If its not in device than you cant do it.

supermood
Just now, BalthazarBux said:

Nah, that setting is in your device. (Fire Stick, Nvidia Shield, TV for example)

If its not in device than you cant do it.

yeah look here 16 min ago.. sorry! 

yes sorry! I was about to write in that sec. the device setting somehow changed to 4k30 don't know why. no emby issue. happy weekend! 

Kyrunner
15 minutes ago, supermood said:

yeah look here 16 min ago.. sorry! 

It didn’t change there is a bug in the Emby for Android app if you set enable display refresh rate switching in the Emby app settings it will kick in to 24 FPS for movies but when the movie stops it will not switch back correctly it will stay stuck in that frame rate until you close the app completely 

supermood
1 minute ago, Kyrunner said:

It didn’t change there is a bug in the Emby for Android app if you set enable display refresh rate switching in the Emby app settings it will kick in to 24 FPS for movies but when the movie stops it will not switch back correctly it will stay stuck in that frame rate until you close the app completely 

hm. will see next time I watch something currently I'm lot at home. the idea is the device emby and the movies are 4k23hz with the correct colour settings (have to check im always confused with the 444 422 420....) so until I watch something in dv or HDR, no refresh/change is needed. 

I have no idea if that is possible. but at least it's switching, so the menu changes are a minor issue for me. I just was interested if I can fix it

Kyrunner
8 minutes ago, supermood said:

hm. will see next time I watch something currently I'm lot at home. the idea is the device emby and the movies are 4k23hz with the correct colour settings (have to check im always confused with the 444 422 420....) so until I watch something in dv or HDR, no refresh/change is needed. 

I have no idea if that is possible. but at least it's switching, so the menu changes are a minor issue for me. I just was interested if I can fix it

Any movie or TV show you watch will kick in and run at 24 FPS if you have the match frame rate set regardless of whether it is HDR or Dolby Vision.

It's just a pain every time I finish watching something I have to close the app out completely and open it back up to get the Ui to run correctly. This issue doesn't happen with the Android Tv app for Emby works perfectly 

supermood

yeah I'm using the android tv app. I haven't watched something with 24hz for some time. it's mostly 23.9 here 

Kyrunner
10 minutes ago, supermood said:

yeah I'm using the android tv app. I haven't watched something with 24hz for some time. it's mostly 23.9 here 

When I said 24hz I meant 23.9 

On 2/16/2024 at 1:48 PM, Kyrunner said:

Any movie or TV show you watch will kick in and run at 24 FPS if you have the match frame rate set regardless of whether it is HDR or Dolby Vision.

It's just a pain every time I finish watching something I have to close the app out completely and open it back up to get the Ui to run correctly. This issue doesn't happen with the Android Tv app for Emby works perfectly 

Hi, can you try 3.3.69 and see how that compares? Thanks.

Kyrunner
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you try 3.3.69 and see how that compares? Thanks.

Hi @Luke I have side loaded  the latest version and it still broken. Once the refresh kicks in on a movie and when the movie stops the UI it still stuck in the 24hz

i have to completely close the app to get it back to the correct UI refresh rate. I can help test if needed. 

Edited by Kyrunner

9 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

Hi @Luke I have side loaded  the latest version and it still broken. Once the refresh kicks in on a movie and when the movie stops the UI it still stuck in the 24hz

i have to completely close the app to get it back to the correct UI refresh rate. I can help test if needed. 

Hi, can you please provide a log from the app? Thanks.

Can you please try the latest build and see how things compare? Thanks.

Kyrunner
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please try the latest build and see how things compare? Thanks.

Everything is fixed with the latest build ! Thank you. 

• Thanks 1