Use NextPVR as recorder for Emby

emg456

emg456

Hi.

I want to use NextPVR as the recorder for live tv in Emby.

Both are installed on the same Windows 10 box. Both Run.

I installed the NextPVR plugin from the Emby plugins catalogue page and restarted the Emby server.

Now a new folder has appeared on my Emby home page - NextPVR recordings- but in that folder there is nothing found.

Also, thought I would be able to choose NextPVR as a Live TV source so that I could set recordings but it does not show there and I don't see any obvious way to add it.

Any guidance welcome.

emveepee

Are you running v5 of NextPVR?  If so the plugin on the catalogue page isn't going to work.  You need to install this one

Once Luke has time to set up github so I can send a PR, hopefully it will make it into the catalogue.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emg456

Thanks Martin. I managed to figure that out last night so got it up and running and was successfully able to schedule a recording for during the night from a FireTV stick Emby client. Felt quite chuffed with myself! :)

Just to check that I have it running correctly:

I removed the tuners from Emby Live TV so that currently shows no TV Sources but still shows the Emby Guide and seems to schedule recordings using NextPVR.

The NextPVR recording folder shows up on Emby home screen.

Is there any way to get Emby to incorporate NextPVR recordings into its TV Shows/ Movies libraries?

Thanks for this plugin - Emby's own LiveTV recording setup just doesn't seem to work for my setup at all and NextPVR has been flawlessly reliable so far.

Cheers

Ed

emveepee

Sorry I don't really use Emby and I don't know how Live TV Recordings might integrate with file.  I'd assume if you use different recording folder in NextPVR for TV and movies and set those folders a Library Files it would work assuming you are using  good guide data like Schedules Direct.

Martin

emg456

No problem thanks for your help- it's fully functional at the moment so that's a big step forward for me!