[Security Issue] chrome cast allowed to all device users instead of my own only devices.

CyberPoison
Go to solution Solved by seanbuff,

CyberPoison

Hi everyone i found the same issue i related like for "download to" because looks like there is a same issue on chrome cast. My friends and family can by mistake chromecast to my device while their are not supposed to be able, so a isolated chrome cast for each user like

(My devices my list of devices)

(my friends divices their own list)

It's the same issue for the "Download to" option

697dcca1c54247e99833b975b9ffff4c.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• Solution
seanbuff

This is controlled by this option under the Users account

image.png.dc5b5244ad4277eb33ac9c469c548ec5.png

Make sure you untick it for your users. That way, they won't be able to see other devices that aren't local to them.

• Like 1

CyberPoison
This is controlled by this option under the Users account

image.png.dc5b5244ad4277eb33ac9c469c548ec5.png

Make sure you untick it for your users. That way, they won't be able to see other devices that aren't local to them.

Oh OK thanks it worked but only for chrome cast not for the "Download to" option btw it solves one issue [emoji6]

Still with this issue https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/87423-security-issue-separateisolates-the-list-of-the-devices-to-by-list-of-users-device-used-instead-of-whole-list-of-all-users-device-in-downloads-to-option/

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Hi, this will be revamped in Emby Server 4.6. It will follow the user's remote control permissions. If they don't have permission to control other user's devices, then they won't be able to download to them either. Thanks for the feedback.