Emby can't find Movies.

guluppi

cmacfarlane93

Also having this issue.

*Edit doing some tinkering on my end.* It may be worth noting that my shows library contains two folders, one being internal storage and was also the original folder library. I have added a second folder located on an external hard drive as the second folder. When I was adding a show to the second folder, emby was not finding the new addition. When I put the file in the original first folder, emby was able to recognize without issues.

Edited by cmacfarlane93

schnuff

Hi,

i joyn this club...🙄 

I have 5 external HDDS on my pc and emby can't read the movies of one of them. The tvshows on this HDD are read properly, but the movies just don't.

Removed and reattached the drive in settings, uninstalled and reinstalled emby server software from my pc, nothing helps...

On 6/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, cmacfarlane93 said:

Now even my internal storage isn't being found.

Hi there, what do you mean by isn't being found?

pdavis

I am in the process of switching from Plex to Emby as well. I have the exact same issue as the original poster. My Movie and TV folders both have the same permissions and are both located in the same parent folder. I have tried adding and removing the Movies folder several times and multiple library scans.

• F:\Data\Video\Movies
  • F:\Data\Video\TV

image.png.03f10ef427aecaed9f44e1c2376dd018.png

image.png.1e6d6d724e123dfbb245cc0e3803aed2.png

I tried setting up a test library using the movies folder but of type TV to see if it would find anything that way but it still didn't find any content. I have looked through the embyserver.txt log and have not seen any errors movie related. I can provide a log if it will help.

Version: Emby Web 4.4.3.0

Mike_Scott23

I have the exact same issue when displaying home videos and photos. See my previous post Here.

I noticed that Emby was not able to identify files/videos when it drills down to more than 2 subfolders. eg. C:\Main Folder\Movies

What I did to solve this issue is to place it in this way:

C:\Movies

C:\Tvshows

• Like 1

cmacfarlane93
On 6/21/2020 at 12:10 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, what do you mean by isn't being found?

By isn't being found I mean media being added isn't showing up in the emby library. This is not a case of emby just failing to identify the media, instead the media isn't even appearing in the library at all. Even searching doesn't find the media. 

The workaround I have been doing that seems to help is making sure media added is in its own subfolder. For example adding an episode of big bang theory in my Shows library isn't being found by emby unless I make sure it's in a subfolder. 

Again I know that sometimes emby won't be able to identify content unless named a certain way. But this is different as the media doesn't appear at all let alone show up as unidentified.

pdavis
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly how are the files structured in your movie folder?

Movie Naming

I have my movie content mostly named like the following example from the page you linked. However, not everything is perfectly named and there are a few movies directly under the main movie directory. These were working under Plex and it looks like Emby supports a similar format. Media in the Movies folder isn't showing up in the Emby library at all.

F:\Data\Video\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009).mkv
F:\Data\Video\Movies\Pulp Fiction (1994)\Pulp Fiction (1994).mp4
F:\Data\Video\Movies\Reservoir Dogs (1992)\Reservoir Dogs (1992).mp4
F:\Data\Video\Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995).mkv
F:\Data\Video\Movies\Top Gun (1986).mp4

Thanks for your help!

Can you please run a library scan and then attach the emby server log? Thanks.

Happy2Play
On 6/23/2020 at 10:35 AM, cmacfarlane93 said:

By isn't being found I mean media being added isn't showing up in the emby library. This is not a case of emby just failing to identify the media, instead the media isn't even appearing in the library at all. Even searching doesn't find the media. 

The workaround I have been doing that seems to help is making sure media added is in its own subfolder. For example adding an episode of big bang theory in my Shows library isn't being found by emby unless I make sure it's in a subfolder. 

Again I know that sometimes emby won't be able to identify content unless named a certain way. But this is different as the media doesn't appear at all let alone show up as unidentified.

TV episodes currently have a  minimum requirement of their own Series folder, you can not just put loose episode in a folder and have them found and identified.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, pdavis said:

Here is my EmbyServer.txt file right after a library scan.

embyserver.zip 4.5 kB · 1 download

Oddly enough your log does not show your Movies library at all.  There was a similar issue in another topic that a movie with in the library was causing it. 

Can you test making a new library and folder path and putting a couple items in it a see if they are found.  Something like "F:\Data\Video\Movies2".

pdavis
20 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Oddly enough your log does not show your Movies library at all.  There was a similar issue in another topic that a movie with in the library was causing it.
Can you test making a new library and folder path and putting a couple items in it a see if they are found.  Something like "F:\Data\Video\Movies2".

Success! I created a second folder and started moving files into that folder. I started by moving just one file into the folder to confirm it worked. I then started moving about half the contents of the Movie folder at a time, running an index after each move on both folders. It didn't take too much detective work as when I went to move a batch with a movie with the title "Nausicaä" Windows gave me the error "Could not find this item: This is no longer located in XXX, Verify the item's location and try again". I moved every file from my Movie folder to the new folder and the new folder indexed without any issue. I have tried several hacks to remove the offending folder but Windows just refuses to recognize that the folder exists. I ended up just moving it into a temp directory in hopes it will go away some day :(

Thank you for your help. I hope this helps others with a similar issue.

• 1 year later...
Frimkolim

Hello,

Reviving this old topic to notify, that it seems emby cannot get the TV series right. I'm trying to identify Wandavision series, which are here: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/85271-wandavision with an ID 85271, but when I enter it to the "Identify" menu it finds this: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/85271-popolv-r-najv-cs-na-svete (because same ID 85271). Is there any way to identify it and get correct images for it?

Thank you.

Happy2Play
52 minutes ago, Frimkolim said:

Hello,

Reviving this old topic to notify, that it seems emby cannot get the TV series right. I'm trying to identify Wandavision series, which are here: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/85271-wandavision with an ID 85271, but when I enter it to the "Identify" menu it finds this: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/85271-popolv-r-najv-cs-na-svete (because same ID 85271). Is there any way to identify it and get correct images for it?

Thank you.

I am guessing this is not a TV Show Content type library, correct?  Since TMDB is query type specific as you have notice same id in each type is something different.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Frimkolim
14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I am guessing this is not a TV Show Content type library, correct?  Since TMDB is query type specific as you have notice same id in each type is something different.

Yes, you are correct. Thank you for the help.

3 hours ago, Frimkolim said:

Yes, you are correct. Thank you for the help.

Has this helped you resolve this?

Peter Nent

Mounted HDD to another HDD as directory generated Emby problem detecting new movies

I've found the reason for a simular Emby issue: running on Windows Server 2016 DC, I have two hard disks (both 14TB - Sata) for all my movies: I mounted one HDD (F:) to the other HDD (E:) as a directory: on Windows level, it works perfectly, but on Emby, Emby didn't detect new movies on the root (E: drive), but on the other F: drive, everything worked perfectly.....I checked all sharing settings en security settings and tested many combinations.....nothing solved my issue that new movies were not detected by Emby.

Solution: I disabled the Windows mount of drive F: as directory on the E: drive....after that, Emby found new movies again and index them perfectly...everything works OK again: both drives have their MOVIES1 and MOVIES2 Windows share and both are used in Emby movies library....and working perfectly.

Maybe, this is a Emby bug (?), anyhow, I solved it this way and it worked just fine for me !

Thanks & Beste regards,

Peter

Edited by Peter Nent