Live tv dows not working

fablinuxer

TJSNHS04

why should i do all this ??  first it worked perfectly ... then when on live tv you can actually divide x sections that is to have more TV tuners with different sections ...

PS:I always map manually ...

would get rid of your dupe channels.???

if you don't know what you're talking about, please don't say you're not talking to a newbie

I guess part of this is just understanding why you want multiple versions of the same station in your lineup? Unlike a typical IPTV player, Emby can transcode the best quality version down if needed if you want to watch on a cell phone or similar so normally there isn't a reason to have lesser versions of the same channels.

If you record tv shows, only having the best station guarantees the best recording. Also keep in mind if you have 3 different versions of "Rai 1" and you have 3 users all watching a different version of the channel you are using 3 streams from your provider.  With only 1 of those channels setup in Emby and the same 3 users watching that channel, Emby would only need 1 stream from your provider.  Emby can then take that 1 stream but format/convert it as needed for each client.

TJSNHS04
16 minutes ago, cayars said:

Immagino che parte di questo sia solo capire perché vuoi più versioni della stessa stazione nella tua formazione? A differenza di un tipico lettore IPTV, Emby può transcodificare la versione della migliore qualità se necessario se si desidera guardare su un telefono cellulare o simile, quindi normalmente non c'è motivo per avere le versioni inferiori degli stessi canali.

Se registri programmi televisivi, avere solo la migliore stazione garantisce la migliore registrazione. Tieni inoltre presente che se hai 3 versioni differenti di "Rai 1" e hai 3 utenti che guardano tutti una versione diversa del canale stai utilizzando 3 stream dal tuo provider. Con solo 1 di quei canali configurati in Emby e gli stessi 3 utenti che guardano quel canale, Emby avrebbe bisogno solo di 1 streaming dal tuo provider. Emby può quindi prendere quel flusso 1 ma formattarlo / convertirlo secondo necessità per ogni client.

ogni canale ha uno strem link diverso, la qualità inferiore è per gli amici che non hanno una qualità di rete accettabile che anche con la transcodifica non supporta.

Ripeto che non sono link dello stesso provider.

la versione precedente alla 5.3 non presentava questi problemi ..

un tipico lettore IPTV infatti .. ..puoi dividere il file m3u in più sezioni vedi kodi

Sample plus M3tunner 

image.png.59e84a903d94f0bd1cea38c4accf2278.png

Edited by TJSNHS04

Kodi is NOT a simple player but probably one of the most advanced players you can get.  :)

Something of a concern in what you said above.  Are you saying you can't use just one channel and let Emby transcode this as needed for those clients outside your network that are bitrate imposed?  Why not?

mark-in-dallas
6 hours ago, cayars said:

Kodi is NOT a simple player but probably one of the most advanced players you can get.  :)

People that don't know much about coding don't understand what's involved.  I run a web design company and over the years have had many people tell me things along the lines of them wanting a simple website like facebook but with more functionality, and they want to spend around $500 to build it.  Or, that they want a completely custom interactive information driven website built and that it needs to be fully functional within a week or 2.

TJSNHS04

2 hours ago, mark-in-dallas said:

People that don't know much about coding don't understand what's involved.  I run a web design company and over the years have had many people tell me things along the lines of them wanting a simple website like facebook but with more functionality, and they want to spend around $500 to build it.  Or, that they want a completely custom interactive information driven website built and that it needs to be fully functional within a week or 2.

what's this about ... ??

you know irony ........

a typical IPTV player in fact ....

Kodi is NOT a simple player but probably one of the most advanced players you can get. 

you know irony ........

this is out

TJSNHS04
9 hours ago, cayars said:

Something of a concern in what you said above.  Are you saying you can't use just one channel and let Emby transcode this as needed for those clients outside your network that are bitrate imposed?  Why not?

Because in my part the network is crap so many have 6mbps max ...

I have an excellent fiber network ... others not yet very poor ADSL

6 hours ago, TJSNHS04 said:

Because in my part the network is crap so many have 6mbps max ...

I have an excellent fiber network ... others not yet very poor ADSL

But what we are telling you is that Emby can solve that for you without needing the duplicate channels...

In any case, this should improve in the future but it is going to take time.

• Like 1

TJSNHS04
On 12/14/2020 at 2:49 PM, ebr said:

Ma quello che ti stiamo dicendo è che Emby può risolverlo per te senza bisogno dei canali duplicati ...

In ogni caso, questo dovrebbe migliorare in futuro, ma ci vorrà del tempo.

AND WHAT I AM SAYING AND WHICH DOES NOT ...
At the moment no one has given concrete answers ...
I paid the premium and I am genuinely fed up with emby too many problems ...
Live tv plugin not work in 4g
Live tv sections cannot be separated and it should be a priority .. as it makes everything confusing ...
The strm files some go and some don't ... mha ...
I repeat I speak for knowledge of the facts ...
I am a much more advanced user than you think.
I don't need logs to understand where the problem lies ..
When the problem is at the base and you know it ...
With this I don't want to offend anyone ...
They are constructive criticisms ..
I enclose strm files that before 5.3 were now not even with 5.4. for sample
If you do some tests you will see that the links inside work everywhere but not in emby.

RTL.strm Capital.strm

I forgot my device has 16gb ram ssd 256gb GPU with 4gb ram dedicated, Intel (R) Core (TM) i3 CPU Quad core 3.07ghz
and more

Edited by TJSNHS04

5 hours ago, TJSNHS04 said:

AND WHAT I AM SAYING AND WHICH DOES NOT ...
At the moment no one has given concrete answers ...
But we are giving you answers.

I paid the premium and I am genuinely fed up with emby too many problems ...
Live tv plugin not work in 4g

Emby has no control over your specific network or that of your customers.  Nothing we can do to improve the way your ISPs work.  We can however supply configuration settings that allow you to configure Emby better in YOUR environment.

Live tv sections cannot be separated and it should be a priority .. as it makes everything confusing ..

I do not understand what you mean by this.  To me Live TV is separate from other library types and is it's own distinct part of Emby with it's own specific settings.

The strm files some go and some don't ... mha ...

What does this mean?  STRM files are just links to other files on the system or from the Internet.  If they don't work, look at the source.

I repeat I speak for knowledge of the facts ...
I am a much more advanced user than you think.
I don't need logs to understand where the problem lies ..
When the problem is at the base and you know it ...
With this I don't want to offend anyone ...
They are constructive criticisms ..

Well all I will say is that we the people who support and develop Emby can't always tell these things and rely on logs to let us know what's going on with the system as a whole. We've tried repeatedly to explain why what you're doing isn't optimal and why it shouldn't be done the way you're doing it (with multiple channels).

When Emby works locally on LAN without issues but has issues off LAN that should tell you everything right there.  Emby is working but the connectivity layer is at fault. It could be ISP filtering, ISP QOS, Latency, lack of needed bandwidth and a host of other things unrelated to Emby software.  We give you tools and configuration settings at both the client and server level that can often help with this.  However, we can't help you with these settings without having logs to look at as the logs tells us usually what's going on and why things work the way they do.

I enclose strm files that before 5.3 were now not even with 5.4. for sample
If you do some tests you will see that the links inside work everywhere but not in emby.

RTL.strm 69 B · 3 downloads Capital.strm 83 B · 0 downloads

I forgot my device has 16gb ram ssd 256gb GPU with 4gb ram dedicated, Intel (R) Core (TM) i3 CPU Quad core 3.07ghz
and more

These STRM files don't point to FILES but to manifest files.  You want to have direct downloadable files, not manifest or stream info in the STRM files to guarantee they work.

TJSNHS04
2 hours ago, cayars said:

1) the strm files that I put are the ones that don't go I wrote that some go and others don't .. and they are as structure link manifest etc the same thing the source and the original ...... and always working except for other inconveniences of the original servers ...

image.png.59e84a903d94f0bd1cea38c4accf2278.png

2) live tv separate have multiple multiple sections tv tunne m3u .. if I break the m3u file into three sections .. it does not separate them it puts them all together all confusing mixed, instead of having three separate sections / libraries (see photo above)

3) locally on android tv the strm files do not work on smartphones yes .. both locally and remotely .. I say that some go and some do not are always the same as the link ... only the source changes ...

continud

1) STRM files are meant to point to progressive downloadable media files.  If those files are progressive downloadable they will work with Emby. Emby can sometimes devour and use manifest files but it depends on the manifest and what it's pointing to but these aren't guaranteed to work and not what strm files are meant to be used for.

2) You can add 50 tuners but still only get one Live TV section.  This is by design.  The aggregation of all tuners and guides builds one Live TV section in Emby.  This isn't a Library but a SINGULAR LIVE TV SERVICE so there is only one per server. The Live TV server is either enabled or disabled as a core Emby Service but it's not setup through Libraries since it's not a library.  Only libraries can be setup with multiples of the same types (ie 4+ movie type libs, 3+ music libs, 2+ TV Shows, 5+ audio book libs).

3) Not sure what you mean here.  If you can play a library item built from an STRM file in a web browser on the PC then it should play on all clients and vice versa.  If it won't play in a browser it's not likely going to play anywhere else either because the Server would be able to transcode on-the-fly if needed. If an strm file plays in some clients but not others that would be something we would need to investigate but only if it's pointing to a progressive downloadable media file.

TJSNHS04
12 hours ago, cayars said:

1) STRM files are meant to point to progressive downloadable media files.  If those files are progressive downloadable they will work with Emby. Emby can sometimes devour and use manifest files but it depends on the manifest and what it's pointing to but these aren't guaranteed to work and not what strm files are meant to be used for.

2) You can add 50 tuners but still only get one Live TV section.  This is by design.  The aggregation of all tuners and guides builds one Live TV section in Emby.  This isn't a Library but a SINGULAR LIVE TV SERVICE so there is only one per server. The Live TV server is either enabled or disabled as a core Emby Service but it's not setup through Libraries since it's not a library.  Only libraries can be setup with multiples of the same types (ie 4+ movie type libs, 3+ music libs, 2+ TV Shows, 5+ audio book libs).

3) Not sure what you mean here.  If you can play a library item built from an STRM file in a web browser on the PC then it should play on all clients and vice versa.  If it won't play in a browser it's not likely going to play anywhere else either because the Server would be able to transcode on-the-fly if needed. If an strm file plays in some clients but not others that would be something we would need to investigate but only if it's pointing to a progressive downloadable media file.

1) 5.2 works perfectly

2)for this reason I created more sections / libraries with the strm files because I repeat with the 5.2 they worked perfectly, I do not spend hours and hours creating separate library folders files and then having all the work canceled from 5.3 onwards ...
here you could make sure to create more live tv separately and ...

3)emby android tv app not working..emby smartphone app working ... ??

emby android tv app doesn't work..emby smartphone app works ... ?? from 5.3 onwards ..
in 5.2 it worked perfectly

6 hours ago, TJSNHS04 said:

emby android tv app doesn't work..

Hi.  Can you explain exactly what "doesn't work" means?  Also, logs from an instance of it "not working".

Thanks.

@TJSNHS04Keep in mind that just because something did work outside the boundaries of intended features doesn't mean it will always continue to work.  With that said we can certainly look to see what changed from 5.2 and try to restore previous functionality if possible.

Could you supply a set of logs (server & client) from 5.2 where it worked and the current versions where it doesn't work?

Or you could PM me a couple STRM sources I could use for a test to reproduce for you to get the logs?

TJSNHS04
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Ciao, questo ti ha aiutato a rispondere alle tue domande?

.. some yes some no .. unfortunately I have to rebuild all the libraries .. and it is not a small job ... because the strm files that worked before 5.3 now no longer work .. to avoid future complications with these types of files  at the moment I leave them ..

If you PM me the server log and ffmpeg log (if there is one) for playback of an STRM file we can take a look.  But without log files we just don't know the specific reason or if a change can be made for you.

Carlo