Actors/People Metadata

strugglez

strugglez

Hi,

I tried doing a quick search but unsure if this is an issue, or by design and apologies if this has already been answered.

The issue (for me atleast):

Actors/People metadata appears to be common between libraries and makes it look funny when using the TVDB pulled images for cartoons/tv shows etc.

In some cases it is okay, but instances where it becomes to look funny is where I have Homer from the The Simpsons showing up in Aladdin.

Is it possible to have unique Actors/People metadata for each TV show? I know a work around for this which is just to use TMDB for this metadata where it's a photo of the actor themselves usually.

Also, is it possible to not display Actors/People for ones that do not have any image associated to them?

Regards

Hi, it's not currently possible, but something to think about for the future. 

• Like 1

strugglez

Thanks for the pretty fast reply and confirming this.

I'll set my metadata to TMDB for scraping tvshows/cartoons for now to get around the Actor/People metadata issue.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Emby Server 4.8 will support the .actors folder in a read-only fashion, meaning it will be able to use images from the .actors folder underneath a series or movie folder. The Emby Server database is still the same as before, meaning it's still one image per actor. That means if you have an actor that appears in multiple movies or series, it will be one shared image that is used in all places, and it will be whichever one happens to get scanned in first. But this will allow for basic support of the .actors folder convention.