Logging in to Dashboard

lhamanda

lhamanda

I cannot login into dashboard. The TV apps work fine even with login. But I can't login into dashboard for updates or adding/removing users, data and such. How can this be remedied.

• 9 months later...
pwhodges

If you are logged in as an administrator there is a cog icon at the top right of your home screen - click that.

Paul

• 2 years later...
seanbuff
12 minutes ago, Lex6666 said:

How does one sign in as administrator?

Hi, have you installed your own Emby Server? If so, the first account created at setup is your Administrator account.

For more information see here: Quick Start

seanbuff
2 hours ago, Falls66 said:

The first account I longer have a server with emby.

I'm not sure what you mean with this comment. Can you please clarify?

Can you also please answer:

7 hours ago, seanbuff said:

have you installed your own Emby Server?

If so, can you try this? Admin Password Reset

Noticed you are also posting from a different forum account. Did you create another one?

Correct i no longer have that email.  I'm not sure if you mean my original email? 

I'm still having issues logging in as administrator. 

59 minutes ago, Falls66 said:

Correct i no longer have that email.  I'm not sure if you mean my original email? 

I'm still having issues logging in as administrator. 

If so, can you try this? Admin Password Reset

pwhodges

You have followed the admin reset instructions too literally.  That image is from your phone, right?  So "localhost" means your phone, not the machine running Emby.  Go to the machine running Emby and try the instructions directly on it - where "localhost will be appropriate.

Paul

js28194

So gonna go for the obvious here... in first picture you are on a phone.  Trying to connect to localhost... which means you do not remember the IP address of the SERVER since you are on your phone.  You did not install the server on your phone.

With that, I will go out and say that on your PC, you are also trying to connect to local host.  I am willing to bet, that EMBY SERVER is not installed on that machine either.  There are clues... this PC is on WiFi... click the up arrow next the time on bottom right and you should see an Emby Icon if installed on this machine.  My $$ is it ain't.

Download AngryIP Scanner and scan your network, it should show a machine on your network with open port 8096.  That is your Emby Server.  So try to connect to it with the ip address and port.   http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;8096

Replace xxx with ip address that showed in angry ip scanner with open port 8096.

Edited by js28194

js28194

Just an FYI... I tested Angry IP Scanner it actually did NOT show my server with port 8096 open, but I can still connect to it remotely via Web browser so YMMV.

http://ipaddress:8096 worked but doesn't show up.

Edited by js28194

js28194

What's funny is you have two tab's open and first tab shows you are logging into the server, but the second tab that you posted is pointing to localhost, which is probably not on you computer.  And imported from IE?

Just an observation... that's all :)

js28194

So I found in Angry Ip Scanner, it doesn't scan all ports.  So if you installed on default, I suggest you go into Angry IP Scanner and goto Tools - Prefrences and put 8096 as the only port. Then click start.  I can confirm this worked for me so you should find the ip of your server, if it is on your local lan.

image.png.7104a3834d6ddecec9e23def46a1c5ad.png