CSS location Docker?

joelang6126

joelang6126

Hello All

I can't seem to find the directory for the web css components in my Emby docker image, any idea where it's hidden as I'd like to replace my splash logo?

post-83069-0-05729800-1591149018_thumb.png

Happy2Play

It is not in your programdata folder.  You have to go into the system folder.

Have you seen this topic and the one linked?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80536-docker-splash-screen-with-emby-logo/?hl=splash

It is little dated as things have moved. \Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\themes\logowhite.png will be slightly different on different OSes.

5ed704b0e126a_splash.jpg

Happy2Play

There doesn't seem to be system folder with the docker image.

You should see the application path in the top section of a server log.

joelang6126

It's listed as /system however no /system folder can be found, very strange. I'll ask on the unraid forums. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
KobayashiM

Any luck OP? I've also been hunting for the html files and can't find them either. Also using Emby 4.4.3 docker in Unraid 6.8.3.

• 1 month later...
fredflix

The CSS stuff are not exposed so you can only access them from within the container itself.
I'm using the docker image from Linuxserver.io, so once inside the container, all the CSS stuff are accessible at /app/emby/dashboard-ui/modules/themes/
Mind you that anything changed from within the container will not stick if you delete the container in the future.
The best approach would be to create your own docker image, base it on an existing Emby image, change whatever you want,  and finally build your newly customed Emby image.

Edited by fredflix
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
KobayashiM
On 12/6/2020 at 3:52 AM, fredflix said:

The CSS stuff are not exposed so you can only access them from within the container itself.
I'm using the docker image from Linuxserver.io, so once inside the container, all the CSS stuff are accessible at /app/emby/dashboard-ui/modules/themes/
Mind you that anything changed from within the container will not stick if you delete the container in the future.
The best approach would be to create your own docker image, base it on an existing Emby image, change whatever you want,  and finally build your newly customed Emby image.

Thanks a lot!! This finally got me on the right track and I got the splash logo changed 😃 

For anyone else attempting to change the splash logo or simply edit any file that resides inside the docker (especially in Unraid), here is what I had to do...

1. Open a console for Emby Docker. In Unraid, the easiest way to do this is to click on the Emby docker icon and select "Console". Alternatively, you could open a general console window in Unraid and type: 

docker exec -it emby bash

Replace "emby" with the name of your container if it is different.

2. Navigate to the folder where your file is located (in this example I'm modifying index.html) /app/emby/dashboard-ui

3. Make a backup of the file just in case. In this example I'm naming the backup index.bak:

cp index.html index.bak

4. Now, we want to edit the file but the docker image does not have a text editor installed! All of my attempts to edit the file using shell commands failed. So, let's install a text editor called Nano

apt-get install nano

Note: If Nano cannot be found then the apt-get database needs to be updated first using the command: apt-get update

5. Open the file in Nano by typing the following command:

Nano index.html

6. Edit the file as you see fit. In my case, I changed the path of the Emby startup logo to a custom image that I uploaded to Imgur. If you're interested in doing the same thing then the text you're looking for in the file is:

.app-splash {
	background-image: url(modules/themes/logowhite.png);

Simply change this URL to whatever you'd like (remember to enter the full path including "http://").

7. Exit Nano and save your changes by hitting CTRL+x and then Y to confirm.

8. Back at the command line, you can verify your edits by displaying the contents of your file:

cat index.html

Done!

As fredflix pointed out, any such change will not persist if the container is rebuilt so keep that in mind. Hope this helps someone, cheers!

Edited by KobayashiM

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
xxAmigoxx
On 1/11/2021 at 2:33 PM, KobayashiM said:

Thanks a lot!! This finally got me on the right track and I got the splash logo changed 😃 

For anyone else attempting to change the splash logo or simply edit any file that resides inside the docker (especially in Unraid), here is what I had to do...

1. Open a console for Emby Docker. In Unraid, the easiest way to do this is to click on the Emby docker icon and select "Console". Alternatively, you could open a general console window in Unraid and type: 

docker exec -it emby bash

Replace "emby" with the name of your container if it is different.

2. Navigate to the folder where your file is located (in this example I'm modifying index.html) /app/emby/dashboard-ui

3. Make a backup of the file just in case. In this example I'm naming the backup index.bak:

cp index.html index.bak

4. Now, we want to edit the file but the docker image does not have a text editor installed! All of my attempts to edit the file using shell commands failed. So, let's install a text editor called Nano

apt-get install nano

Note: If Nano cannot be found then the apt-get database needs to be updated first using the command: apt-get update

5. Open the file in Nano by typing the following command:

Nano index.html

6. Edit the file as you see fit. In my case, I changed the path of the Emby startup logo to a custom image that I uploaded to Imgur. If you're interested in doing the same thing then the text you're looking for in the file is:

.app-splash {
	background-image: url(modules/themes/logowhite.png);

Simply change this URL to whatever you'd like (remember to enter the full path including "http://").

7. Exit Nano and save your changes by hitting CTRL+x and then Y to confirm.

8. Back at the command line, you can verify your edits by displaying the contents of your file:

cat index.html

Done!

As fredflix pointed out, any such change will not persist if the container is rebuilt so keep that in mind. Hope this helps someone, cheers!

Does it still work? how can I change it?