I like this signature

Abobader

Good day,

This is personal view, but I really like this:

53c0153ecd76d_mediab3abo1802.jpg

Hope to see more members doing this and putting info regarding their hardware / OS they using.

My best

• Like 2

Many thanks guys, well done.

I am considering to add modification that the members could easily add/edit their hardware/software settings in their profiles and it will show in the topic view info like post, location .. etc.

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Abo, dont put it on member tile but use it as a signature entry. I love seeing peeps setups.

On another note, what do. You think of this...

At the mo we are only allowed 1 url in the signature... Forgive me but i have the "how to report a problem" link, its far more useful than promoting my themes. I feel devs should be allowed 2 urls but a mandatory one is, how to report a problem.

• Like 1

CWNashvegas

At the mo we are only allowed 1 url in the signature... Forgive me but i have the "how to report a problem" link, its far more useful than promoting my themes. I feel devs should be allowed 2 urls but a mandatory one is, how to report a problem.

I have two links in my sig, and they seem to work.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Thanks for the signature. I wanted to be able to provide information without having to type it out every time.

Tapatalk shields you from these distractions nicely. Shoot the moon, see how close you can get to being Facebook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Good day,

Last thing we want to be to duplicate to be as facebook.

All,

Well my friends, I already drop the idea regarding adding anything at the userinfo (topic view), not now, and indeed will never.

Now based on the feedback I see as well other info still dislike by our members, so I will go a head and remove the following (even if I think they are good info to have):

- Join date.

- Location.

- Ranking.

- Donate button (will remove the modification totally).

Also if you want, I will go a head and remove offline/online icons. I know Ebr wanted "local time" otherwise I will remove it as well.

I have two links in my sig, and they seem to work.

We allow 2 links already for that it work for you :)

My best

Good day,

Abo, dont put it on member tile but use it as a signature entry. I love seeing peeps setups.

My idea about the members system info was like this:

53c4171f40dcc_mediab3abo1804.jpg

Also, I have another consideration to add to above that, if the info in topic view too much, also some info can be hidden till you click down arrow to see it and a like.

Regarding:

On another note, what do. You think of this...

We could apply that buddy, no problem. But I have another idea in mind, see Luke request, that I will apply for him this week :)

My best

Abobader, I mean no disprect sir.

Instead of adding this value into repeated instances, which are often distracting and usually always bloating pages in scroll distance. Having all this on the users profile page does make sense. Allowing those who wish to be more open that opportunity, along with those who don't equal understanding in leaving certain fields blank or otherwise.

I was merely commenting that having so much repeated, so often, does give Tapatalk users a break from these interruptions. Sometimes knowing "Jim's" system specs everytime he posts makes these posts less eloquent. Does "Jim" post more knowing readers will be subjected to reading his system specs everytime? I am nearing 45, this is merely an opinion, but less to me is better, faster, more efficient.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

I think we've got too much under the member tile already.  If everyone had this information plus everything else, every post - even if only one line - takes up too much vertical space and causes the need to scroll for very little information.

• Like 1

Abobader, I mean no disprect sir.

Instead of adding this value into repeated instances, which are often distracting and usually always bloating pages in scroll distance. Having all this on the users profile page does make sense. Allowing those who wish to be more open that opportunity, along with those who don't equal understanding in leaving certain fields blank or otherwise.

I was merely commenting that having so much repeated, so often, does give Tapatalk users a break from these interruptions. Sometimes knowing "Jim's" system specs everytime he posts makes these posts less eloquent. Does "Jim" post more knowing readers will be subjected to reading his system specs everytime? I am nearing 45, this is merely an opinion, but less to me is better, faster, more efficient.

Good day,

Hey buddy, sorry if I quoting your post meant anything wrong, in the matters of fact, I forgot to add smiley to end of my words.

I fully understand your point of view, well done.

Part of the admin team here, to make the community more welcome and clean place for our members, we totally go by the way our members like/dislike issue, and we will try our best to support that.

My best

techywarrior

I agree with ebr. As it is already the posts are very long for very short responses. (of course all our large signatures don't help).

IF you do it I think a cool way would be to have a single link/button in the member info that then showed a popup of the system info. But even then if it's a button it may be adding too much space.

Good day,

Well let me explain one issue here:

If a member do not put info in his profile, it will not show in userinfo (topic view) same as anything else, same example as signature matters, if nothing, nothing will show, so I wanted to clear this issue regarding topic view matters.

For that I suggest I will consider adding modify to hide many info regarding the members in topic view and if anyone want to see it , simply click the down arrow for that member to see them all.

Regarding other issue like local time, I thought we agree on it and I am with Ebr here as it important and helpful to see others local time, instead of gonging to his/her profile to see that.

So before I work on adding anything as I suggest above, I want to be sure you all like it, if not, why we do it? :)

My best

Cheesegeezer

I agree, with eric and techy, signatures are braggin rights basically! We all like a good brag. The only bragging that should be done in the user panel should be "Supporter"!

The donation is a nice touch and very much appreciated but could also be move to the signature. Dont get rid of it, i have gained a whole donation from this feature :)

Its my personal opinion abo, please dont take offense, but we can make this much smarter, and we.. I mean You, obviously have so much to offer with the forum.

Keep up the good work buddy

do we even need to expose member's local time or join date right in the forum? isn't it good enough to click into their profile to see that?

Cheesegeezer

Local time helps, when asking dev's questions, if it 03:30 local time, dont expect a response, unless you'rea machine.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

well if you just expect that for all reponses then it's not needed. people are going to respond on their own time anyway, local or not.

techywarrior

Abo, I think you should always take the worse case scenario into account and work backward from there. Worst case I think the user info is going to be really long, even with it defaulted to minimized. Unfortunately I think the info that is currently there is much more important.

Now, if like someone else said, the donate could be moved into the signature (automatically) and system info could go there in a minimized state, it may work out better. That way the signature would be no longer then the user info on the left. For short posts this would effectively add no additional height. For long posts it would add a little (just the height of the donate, which should be horizontal instead of vertical, and the system info link) but that's probably 50px of height.

I don't know what is possible in the software you are using and what other people think about moving the donate. Not sure If that makes it less visible to users or not.

what about mailing address, phone number, and current gps coordinates pulled from their smartphone? I mean, if we're going to put the whole kitchen sink there.

• Like 2

techywarrior

That could be the new support channel... "For immediate support stalk Luke at -123.89123, 40.567"  !!!

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

I think its a good feature and yes you are right, but we actually are a very responsive community, which puts us towers ahead of the others, and i think its important to keep this.

techywarrior

Local time helps, when asking dev's questions, if it 03:30 local time, dont expect a response, unless you'rea machine.

...or Luke

(I don't think he actually sleeps :) )

• Like 1