Need Help Repairing Emby Server Installation on Windows 10

Sam865

Sam865

Over the past month I've been getting numerous error alerts on my server Dashboard that lead me to believe that some of my Emby settings or system files have been corrupted. Is there a way of doing a repair of Emby server software without starting from scratch and losing existing settings? I've thought about downloading the latest version installer and running it, but am extremely reluctant to do this if there's an easier solution. Hope someone can help with this problem. Here are two examples of the alerts:

Check for application updates failed.

Could not find a part of the path 'K:\EmbyCache\cache\httpclient'.
at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath, Byte[] securityDescriptor)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.CreateDirectory(String path)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.CacheResponse(HttpResponseInfo response, String responseCachePath)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater.CheckForUpdateResult(String organzation, String repository, Version minVersion, PackageVersionClass updateLevel, String assetFilename, String packageName, String targetFilename, TimeSpan cacheLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.CheckForApplicationUpdate(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.SystemUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Cache file cleanup failed.

Data error (cyclic redundancy check). : 'K:\EmbyCache\cache\httpclient'

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.FindNextEntry()
at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.ToList()
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.DeleteCacheFilesFromDirectory(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String directory, DateTimeOffset minDateModified, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.Tasks.DeleteCacheFileTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

• 3 weeks later...
Sam865

I have not seen any new error messages in the past two weeks, and everything seems to be working as is should. Thanks for the offer to help.

• Like 1