Numbering issue in TV episodes with numbers in episode title

lgpmichael

lgpmichael

So, I've searched for an answer, I can't find one. Apologies if this has already been answered

Example show:

/tv/Futurama/Season_1/01_Space_Pilot_3000.mp4

The parser detects this as Futurama season 30 episode 00

This happens with any show which has a 3 or 4 digit number in the title. It seems to ignore the initial 01_

This also happens with 

SG1/Season_2/21_1969.mp4   detects as season 19 episode 69
South_Park/Season_1/02_Weight_Gain_4000.mp4  is season 40 episode 00
Jessica_Jones/Season_1/10_AKA_1000_Cuts.mp4 is season 10 episode 00

Captain_Scarlet/Original/Season_1/13_Point_783.mp4 is season 7 eposide 83 (NOTE: This show was identified at the "Original" level, using the IMDB number).

All other episodes around it are detected correctly, as long as they don't have a 3/4 digit number.

This seems like a fairly definite bug. I can appreciate that the parser will be complex and a fix may be problematic, but, possibly an "identify" option at episode level so I can force it to work out what it should be with an IMDB/tvdb number would be helpful, and would allow people to resolve these issues without needing to fix the parser for every little problem.

Version 4.4.2.0

I can't find a specific logfile which mentions this.

mastrmind11

So, I've searched for an answer, I can't find one. Apologies if this has already been answered

Example show:

/tv/Futurama/Season_1/01_Space_Pilot_3000.mp4

The parser detects this as Futurama season 30 episode 00

This happens with any show which has a 3 or 4 digit number in the title. It seems to ignore the initial 01_

This also happens with 

SG1/Season_2/21_1969.mp4   detects as season 19 episode 69

South_Park/Season_1/02_Weight_Gain_4000.mp4  is season 40 episode 00

Jessica_Jones/Season_1/10_AKA_1000_Cuts.mp4 is season 10 episode 00

Captain_Scarlet/Original/Season_1/13_Point_783.mp4 is season 7 eposide 83 (NOTE: This show was identified at the "Original" level, using the IMDB number).

All other episodes around it are detected correctly, as long as they don't have a 3/4 digit number.

This seems like a fairly definite bug. I can appreciate that the parser will be complex and a fix may be problematic, but, possibly an "identify" option at episode level so I can force it to work out what it should be with an IMDB/tvdb number would be helpful, and would allow people to resolve these issues without needing to fix the parser for every little problem.

Version 4.4.2.0

I can't find a specific logfile which mentions this.

Open the metadata editor from your server dashboard and go to town.

Hi, episodes with numbers can be a challenge.

You can use the metadata editor as suggested. For automatic recognition you'll probably get a better result by using one of the stronger naming conventions, so instead of:

01 title.mkv

You could try

S01e01 title.mkv

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

lgpmichael

Hi, episodes with numbers can be a challenge.

You can use the metadata editor as suggested. For automatic recognition you'll probably get a better result by using one of the stronger naming conventions, so instead of:

01 title.mkv

You could try

S01e01 title.mkv

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi

Yep, that works. Unfortunately I can't use it, as renaming thousands of files, I could do that in a script, but then my cloud backup service would then want to re-upload 25TB and that would be - painful.

At least there's a solution for people not shackled to a naming convention, and I CAN edit metadata, I was just hoping to not have to, it's a bit of a pain to get as much data as the autodetect does. I'd still definitely love to see an "identify" option at the episode level.

I'll try and find some free time to dig through the code if that bit is still open, see if I can see why it's done it. It feels like it's a greedy regex, but as I've never looked at the code, that's a complete guess {;-)

Thanks, and thanks to all the authors!

@@Happy2Play

@@PenkethBoy

may have some tips on tools to help with mass renaming. Or alternatively you don't need to do it for all episodes, just the problem ones such as these.

lgpmichael

Oh no, the renaming isn't a problem, I can write scripts in my sleep. It's the fact that the cloud backup I use isn't something I can tell it to rename files, so it'll just say "oh, new name, need to re-upload it." No way round it unfortunately.

Thanks anyway though!