Recently added, old, TV shows and movies not showing up on main screen

gene0915

gene0915

I had this problem before and it affected Plex AND Emby (newly added files were only coming over with read group access when they need to be r x access for Emby and Plex to see them). That's not the case this time. I made double sure by executing: chmod 755 -R /mnt/TV Shows/

While newly added stuff isn't showing up on the home screen (while sitting at the server or via any playback device).... if I dig into the TV Shows or Movies library, they ARE showing up in there..... just not on the recently added list.

post-7434-0-18020400-1589510243_thumb.jpg

post-7434-0-50917700-1589510249_thumb.jpg

That episode of Lip Syn Battle was added about 2 hours ago and even after a forced library scan on Emby..... not showing up as recently added. But if I look for it in the TV Shows library, ... it's there. (I only have that single episode..... what can I say, I'm a Kate Upton fan :) )

Same for movies. Emby isn't seeing 'Martial Law' and 'Unmanned' (added them a few hours ago as well). If I go into the movie library, they are there.

post-7434-0-38166100-1589510257_thumb.jpg

post-7434-0-21708500-1589510266_thumb.jpg

Probably something I'm doing wrong....... like always. :)

embyserver.txt

Edited by gene0915

While newly added stuff isn't showing up on the home screen 

Hi there, have you explored the options that determine how the latest lists are filled?

gene0915

Hi there, have you explored the options that determine how the latest lists are filled?

Do you mean this section?

post-7434-0-06805700-1589513545_thumb.jpg

Also, when I go into the TV library and sort by 'Date Added', Lip Sync pops up first

post-7434-0-26201000-1589513554_thumb.jpg

Also, when I go into the TV library and sort by 'Date Added', Lip Sync pops up first

Again, this is all under your control. The date added value comes from your metadata, and there are advanced options in server library settings that allow you to determine where it primarily gets populated from.

@@cayars

gene0915

Again, this is all under your control. The date added value comes from your metadata, and there are advanced options in server library settings that allow you to determine where it primarily gets populated from.

@@cayars

Doesn't seem to matter. If I pick 'Date scanned into library' or 'File creation Date', that Lip Sync episode and those 2 movies in question, still don't show up on the main screen in 'recently added'. It's like Emby is using the file creation date to determine if it's 'recently added' and ignores the 'Date Scanned into Library' option.

I'll admit, all 3 of these files have old creation dates and yes, if I manually edit the metadata and change the date added to today they show up in 'recently added' but still kind of weird that I'd need to manually intervene like that. Something else that was weird, to me at least, is the 'date added' when looking at them in the metadata manager. For example, that Lip Sync episode. It had a 'date added' value of 4/21/2017. That episode has NEVER been added to my Emby library prior to a few days ago. According to a quick Google search, that episode aired on 4/20/2017 and Emby uses the following date as 'date added'. Guessing 'date added' in the metadata manager isn't the date you personally imported it into your database (which is how I interpreted that field) but rather the day after the episode aired?

Oh well, no biggie. Thanks for pointing me in the general direction of looking closer at the metadata. I'm happy with the solution.

PS It didn't dawn on me to look at the metadata manager because I'm so use to Plex's horrible metadata management I figured Emby wasn't going to yield much in that department either. I keep forgetting how truly amazing your metadata manager is. Sorry about that! :)